• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Current Map White List

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be updating the Map White List once per update, so it will usually take a few weeks before your map will get added to the list.

This doesn't make me very happy. One feature I enjoyed about the game is that interesting custom maps come out weekly or so, and it was fun playing them.

It's not as cool playing them with perk leveling disabled...

Any chance of speeding the "whitelist update" up? (feel free to move my post where it belongs if not here with a note possibly thx).

Upvote 0
A suggestion regarding the whitelist though, if I may suggest:

It would be nice to see a small symbol in the maplist in front of the map name
if the map is whitelisted. This would help choosing maps which to play on immensely.

Respectively, for online games, it would be great if the server select screen would have 3 symbols:

1) All whitelisted
2) Mix of whitelisted / non-whitelisted maps
3) All non-whitelisted maps

This would allow us to pick the server which best suits our needs.

That last part would require servers to respond to queries with their entire map lists - not very bandwidth efficient for servers with lots of maps.

As for why there's a whitelist rather than a blacklist, it's very simple - this way, all new content is blacklisted by default. If it was the other way around, new 'leveling' maps could be made and run locally without perk progression being locked out - after all, they won't be on the blacklist if nobody knows they exist :)

Upvote 0
We will look into further support for the Map White Listing process. Obviously the interface has not been set up to give enough feed back and options for this new system.

As for the removing Perk Building maps, we are going to have to count on users to help prune the existing list. We simply got rid of KF-PerkBuilder and KF-Leveling type maps. I will be going through all new maps, but there were simply too many in the initial list for me to play through all of them. Perhaps, though, I'll go through the list in the next couple of days while I'm adding some requested maps.

And yes, this thread will be updated whenever the Map White List is updated(which will only happen when we release an update).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.