• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Killing Floor : Calamity launches on Steam? When?

I see you avoided responding to my claim that you have a sense of self-entitlement.

What TWI choose to do with their franchise is their business, and if they want to support another indie like themselves then so be it.
I fail to see how its entitlement for wanting a game to be available on all platforms possible. Entitlement is wanting it to stay ouya only or for me to want it to be PC only.

And sure its their franchise and business, but why alienate the core fanbase from another product of theirs?

Upvote 0
I fail to see how its entitlement for wanting a game to be available on all platforms possible. Entitlement is wanting it to stay ouya only or for me to want it to be PC only.

Well from my perspective you seem to be 'whining' that the game isn't on the console that you want, and snubbing the console purely for that reason. From that I gather you feel absolutely entitled to have the game on your platform of choice, and will bite and kick until you have your way.

And sure its their franchise and business, but why alienate the core fanbase from another product of theirs?

I fail to see how letting another company make a spin-off for a specific console is going to alienate the community. If it were a sequel to the game then I could understand your complaints, but it's not.

Upvote 0
Well from my perspective you seem to be 'whining' that the game isn't on the console that you want, and snubbing the console purely for that reason. From that I gather you feel absolutely entitled to have the game on your platform of choice, and will bite and kick until you have your way.
The ouya is a piece of crap on its own, I've already gone over in detail why I think that, no reason of which includes exclusivity of calamity. Also please, as you wanted me to address your point of entitlement, address my point of exclusivity. My point regarding exclusivity in relation to calamity is that all platform specific exclusivity is bad. This 'new gen' of consoles seems to have prided itself on that alone, even in their advertising. (with the little * for the first 6 months). Its not good, because without exclusives they literally have nothing else.

I fail to see how letting another company make a spin-off for a specific console is going to alienate the community. If it were a sequel to the game then I could understand your complaints, but it's not.
Gee I don't know, maybe the fact that half of the people that posted on the news post about it not even knowing what an ouya was might have something to do with it. Maybe there are people that buy things solely because they want to support TWI but don't plan on buying a proprietary paperweight to do it.

Honestly, why is multi-plat so bad in your mind that you seemingly whole-heartedly endorse exclusivity of games?

Upvote 0
Regardless of your claim that all platform-exclusivity is bad (which is not the case), I still think you have a misplaced sense of self-entitlement...

Honestly, why is multi-plat so bad in your mind that you seemingly whole-heartedly endorse exclusivity of games?

... And since you're going to invent a viewpoint for me, I'm not debating it with you.

you seem to be fighting the fact calamity is ouya exclusive but....what about killing floor being pc exclusive? do you have a problem with that?

Of course he doesn't; he's not arguing against platform-exclusivity, just arguing that he should be able to play this one particular game on his preferred platform.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see a reason for there to be any argument. Nobody ever said this version of killing floor will never come to any other platforms. They've just said that for now it is only on Ouya. There is no cost to develop for Ouya and they allow any game that follows their guidelines. Ouya also easily allows for local multiplayer. Makes sense as a starting point for the game. Also lets an indie developer support an indie system. I see no harm in that.

I don't blame anyone for wanting this on pc too but just have patience with it. If the game is well received I would think there is a good chance there would be an upgraded version for pc. Complaining about it not being on pc yet isn't going to make them port it to pc faster. Just check back every few months and you will likely hear about it coming to pc at some point.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, at last I think we don't need to discuss so sprightly :)

I have an Ouya and I'm really (...REALLY) having fun with it.
However, I admit Killing Floor Calamity will be better on PC.

More smooth framerate, more visual details, and first of all, I'd like online multiplayer.

OUYA version limits it to local-2-players multiplayer, that's a shame.

I think that, after some months of "exclusive" for OUYA, the game will spread in other markets / systems, and that's only a good thing :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The ouya is a piece of crap on its own, I've already gone over in detail why I think that, no reason of which includes exclusivity of calamity. Also please, as you wanted me to address your point of entitlement, address my point of exclusivity. My point regarding exclusivity in relation to calamity is that all platform specific exclusivity is bad. This 'new gen' of consoles seems to have prided itself on that alone, even in their advertising. (with the little * for the first 6 months). Its not good, because without exclusives they literally have nothing else.

Gee I don't know, maybe the fact that half of the people that posted on the news post about it not even knowing what an ouya was might have something to do with it. Maybe there are people that buy things solely because they want to support TWI but don't plan on buying a proprietary paperweight to do it.

We have nothing against multi-platform games, it's more about the way you're acting like an *** because you don't like a certain console and translate this to "Ouya should die because it stole a game from my prefferred platform".

I like the Ouya, it's a nice little machine with some cool games. Plus, it's paved the way for other android consoles to start coming out now that the bad PR stigma has been explored and worn out over them.

Only a matter of time, look at something called "Tron" that's being made in China.

Upvote 0
Personally I feel that Calamity would be the perfect bridge title. Killing Floor still has a multiplayer community, though it is and has been in decline for a while now. Its still a great game that has aged well (in fact I was just playing it last night and I got it at launch), but people have forgotten about it, which is to be expected after a game has been out for five years. In fact, bravo to the fact that people still play it, the majority of multiplayer steam titles die within a year.

Releasing Calamity on steam I feel would remind people about the original killing floor, and hopefully bring some of them back, which would generate more hype for Killing Floor 2 as people learn about it.

Upvote 0
Personally I feel that Calamity would be the perfect bridge title. Killing Floor still has a multiplayer community, though it is and has been in decline for a while now. Its still a great game that has aged well (in fact I was just playing it last night and I got it at launch), but people have forgotten about it, which is to be expected after a game has been out for five years. In fact, bravo to the fact that people still play it, the majority of multiplayer steam titles die within a year.

Releasing Calamity on steam I feel would remind people about the original killing floor, and hopefully bring some of them back, which would generate more hype for Killing Floor 2 as people learn about it.

That and putting it on a platform that actually moves copies would be a great fiscal venture as well as a great PR move.

So hows that steam release going TWI?

Upvote 0
misfortune.

Ah.

I would like to apologize for the misfortune of people that bought next-gen systems, came without good games: 400/500 dollars/euros... For...what?

i prefer a cheap next gen consol then an overpriced OP desktop that costs 5 thousand euros that can play the same next gen games that the next gen consols also has.

So hows that steam release going TWI?

be patient they will proberly release it when it has been sold allot on the ouya first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i prefer a cheap next gen consol then an overpriced OP desktop that costs 5 thousand euros that can play the same next gen games that the next gen consols also has.

Desktops are very customizable. You don't have to spend 5000 Euros for a machine. You can buy a pc for just 400/500 Euros like a consol which wouldn't be that much of a difference. I'd prefer a pc just because of the fact your not limited to anything. Of course consoles are getting better and you can do more things with it. But even though it's basically a pc with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard you still don't get the freedom a pc has.

On the other hand a console is designed solely to gaming basically. People that only like to play games benefit from consoles because it's cheaper than a pc with the same hardware as far as I remember.

Upvote 0
Desktops are very customizable. You don't have to spend 5000 Euros for a machine. You can buy a pc for just 400/500 Euros like a consol which wouldn't be that much of a difference. I'd prefer a pc just because of the fact your not limited to anything. Of course consoles are getting better and you can do more things with it. But even though it's basically a pc with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard you still don't get the freedom a pc has.

On the other hand a console is designed solely to gaming basically. People that only like to play games benefit from consoles because it's cheaper than a pc with the same hardware as far as I remember.

indeed consols are only made for gaming and i trust consol gaming more then pc gaming because any consol can run its game without frames geting into the air even if its seven years old this however can happen if you buy the wrong pc, and yes im aware that you can customize your own pc but not anyone has sombody of the family whos smart in pcs to do that, im happy with my alienware laptop wich has an nvidia geforce gtx765m grapich card aswel im happy with my ouya and ofc the xbox one wich will be released this year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0