• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Killing Floor : Calamity launches on Steam? When?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is beyond me why some people hate the Ouya with such passion !

Sure it's hardware is weak, but I really love the concept of an open source console encouraging indie dev teams.

It's good for an XBMC to link your computer movie library to your tv
It's good for emulators
And it does have some really fun party games to play with friends while having a couple of drinks.

It's ok not to be a fan of it, or to think it's going to fail... but holy crap I read a lot of passion within the hate. It's frankly quite entertaining how some people get so serious about it.

I don't think making KF-C on the ouya is such a bad idea nor do I think it cost TWI much investments for it... it's an interesting project and I hope it does well. (Besides, in time it will potentially be ported over to steam so I fail to see how there could ever be a loss on this)

Upvote 0
Putting my 2 cents... i never liked top down shooter games like this...its boring.

Call Of Duty's Zombies has the same thing with Dead Ops Arcade, has to be the least played and forgotton map ever.

Only reason i would buy Calamity if there was some sort of cross promo offer like with the Red Orchestra games...which i never actually played, only purchased.

Upvote 0
Putting my 2 cents... i never liked top down shooter games like this...its boring.

Call Of Duty's Zombies has the same thing with Dead Ops Arcade, has to be the least played and forgotton map ever.

Only reason i would buy Calamity if there was some sort of cross promo offer like with the Red Orchestra games...which i never actually played, only purchased.
Sad. RO2 is the best PvP game I've played so far.

Upvote 0
just tells with a yes or no answer if ur gonna port it to PC

just gonna piss off ur true fan base more with ********* answers

nothing is worse then spending 100 bucks on a console for 1 game then the next month u release it on the PC

just make us scared to even pick it up on the Ouya

if u port it to PC and it has online ill pre order 3 copy's

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=92297

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nothing is worse then spending 100 bucks on a console for 1 game then the next month u release it on the PC

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=92297

No need to be such an ***. They gave the answer, it was neither a yes or no. Learn to live with it.

Upvote 0

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=92297[/URL]

lol

Why would you buy a console because of one single game? If you pay for all that, you could buy several good games for another platform you already have access to.

Upvote 0
title of the thread shoulda been entitlement OP
Its like you actually think console specific exclusivity is a good thing.

I'm looking in the best interest of the core fanbase of TWI, which is on PC. Entitlement would be me saying I think it should only be on PC. I have no problem with it being on the ouya, but to completely put your core fanbase SoL in terms of not being able to play a game is not a good way to cultivate users.

I would really like to know the figures on sales of calamity and the amount of Ouyas that sold from the promo code specific to calamity. Just to see what a great idea it was to 'believe' in the Ouya.

Upvote 0
Hail the "hero" noone asked for
I'm here speaking for those who don't feel like making a forum account just to discuss their disdain for the ouya and this choice to leave out the core fanbase. I'm not alone in my views.
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I'm here speaking for those who don't feel like making a forum account just to discuss their disdain for the ouya and this choice to leave out the core fanbase. I'm not alone in my views.
Spoiler!

Thats real funny you say that when in that picture it LOOKS like some of those quotes are FROM the forums...so....are you accomplishing what your signature is doing? because it seems like thats the case

Upvote 0
I think the OP is just kicking up a fuss over nothing. If TWI want to support the underdogs by making their title exclusive to the console, let them. It's not like there aren't already a bajillion other top-down shooters you can buy. Why are you so obsessed with playing this one?

All the people who say the Ouya is a failure are either PC fanboys or those that are too poor to buy it.

Upvote 0
Thats real funny you say that when in that picture it LOOKS like some of those quotes are FROM the forums...so....are you accomplishing what your signature is doing? because it seems like thats the case
You are correct, some of them are from these forums, but the vast majority are from SUF. If I were to update the picture now, it would be even more apparent the vast majority is from SUF.

Besides, don't the people using OUYA deserve a nice shooter game? :p
Sure. But doesn't the core fanbase that put TWI on the map deserve another signature product of theirs?

I think the OP is just kicking up a fuss over nothing.
I'm not the only person with fuss. Its apparently more than nothing if the vast majority of Killing Floor players either 1. Don't know what an ouya is or 2. Aren't going to buy an ouya for one game.

If TWI want to support the underdogs by making their title exclusive to the console, let them. It's not like there aren't already a bajillion other top-down shooters you can buy. Why are you so obsessed with playing this one?
Because exclusivity in terms of video games is bad. Also because this one is Killing Floor. I like Killing Floor. A lot. Nothing else in steam is Killing Floor, besides Killing Floor. I would more likely than not like Calamity because it has Killing Floor in the name.

All the people who say the Ouya is a failure are either PC fanboys or those that are too poor to buy it.
If somebody is too poor to buy an Ouya, then they have other priorities. Ouya is ultimately a failure because it (as a 'console') brings nothing new to the table that current smart phones can already do, in addition to other things. It may have been a passable idea when it was first conceived, but in the year 2014, its irrelevant.

I choose to not buy an Ouya for more than one reason. Not because I'm too poor, or because I'm a 'PC fanboy', its because there is no other reason to own one except exclusivity, and that is a terrible reason. I already have something far more capable of handling calamity and any other game the ouya can run. Why should I buy a small piece of propietary hardware if I can already vastly out-perform it in every aspect?

This whole thing just seems like a ploy to clear out warehouse stock on ouyas, not even a good ploy.

Upvote 0
Sure. But doesn't the core fanbase that put TWI on the map deserve another signature product of theirs?

Why should I buy a small piece of propietary hardware if I can already vastly out-perform it in every aspect?

And why would you buy top-down shooter which offers nothing new when you already have Killing Floor which outshines Calamity in every aspect on PC - let alone compared to every other top-down shooter out there?

Thats great, but where are you now and where are you heading? Last I checked, none of your games surpass 7000 daily users on a good day, during an event and on a weekend. Its nice that KF sold nearly 2M copies, but regardless of that many sales, it holds about as many players as does an old person on furosemide holds fluid.

You do realise the same conversation gone through different variations back when Red Orchestra 2 was launched? Interpretations run abound, but if the common forum argument was to be believed TWI would have crashed and burned somewhere around late 2011 to early 2012. So far it's practically 2014 and TWI still apparently floats, and given they stir up attention like this they either have too much disposable income and\or are good at evading taxes, or won few rounds of lottery in a row.

Upvote 0
Because exclusivity in terms of video games is bad. Also because this one is Killing Floor. I like Killing Floor. A lot. Nothing else in steam is Killing Floor, besides Killing Floor. I would more likely than not like Calamity because it has Killing Floor in the name.

I see, so you feel you are entitled to have this game on your platform of choice because you enjoy another related game.

Ouya is ultimately a failure because it (as a 'console') brings nothing new to the table that current smart phones can already do

It allows for multiplayer on a big screen, which already is something very significant. Other reasons for buying an Ouya are pretty much the same as why someone would by any other console instead of a PC.

I'm afraid I can't see why making the game console-exclusive is bad other than "but I want to play it on a pc!". You seem to be under the impression that you have the 'right' to play a video game how you want to play it.

Upvote 0
Sure. But doesn't the core fanbase that put TWI on the map deserve another signature product of theirs

Entitlement OP?

You are correct, some of them are from these forums, but the vast majority are from SUF. If I were to update the picture now, it would be even more apparent the vast majority is from SUF.

So are you assuming TWI never glances at the steam forums?

I choose to not buy an Ouya for more than one reason. Not because I'm too poor, or because I'm a 'PC fanboy', its because there is no other reason to own one except exclusivity, and that is a terrible reason. I already have something far more capable of handling calamity and any other game the ouya can run. Why should I buy a small piece of propietary hardware if I can already vastly out-perform it in every aspect?

I think you feel self entitled to buying a game and figure because you spent some form of money on thier product they have to listen to your business ideas and when you arent happy with what they want to do it offends everyone

Upvote 0
And why would you buy top-down shooter which offers nothing new when you already have Killing Floor which outshines Calamity in every aspect on PC - let alone compared to every other top-down shooter out there?
Last I checked, Killing Floor wasn't top down, so it can't be compared properly to calamity. Also the only good top down shooter on steam right now is alien swarm, which only has one level.

You do realise the same conversation gone through different variations back when Red Orchestra 2 was launched? Interpretations run abound, but if the common forum argument was to be believed TWI would have crashed and burned somewhere around late 2011 to early 2012. So far it's practically 2014 and TWI still apparently floats, and given they stir up attention like this they either have too much disposable income and\or are good at evading taxes, or won few rounds of lottery in a row.
I don't think they'll crash and burn, but they could certainly do much better. I wish they would live up to their CoD/EA bashing philosophy and become amazing. The ouya isn't going to get them to fame though.

I see, so you feel you are entitled to have this game on your platform of choice because you enjoy another related game.
I fail to see how platform specific exclusivity is a good thing. Please explain how it is. It would be nice if things that can be run on another platform would show up on another platform. Game exclusivity is not a good thing at all.

It allows for multiplayer on a big screen, which already is something very significant.
Because people really want to play android tier games on their TV. Isn't that what everybody wants? I guess thats why the ouya really did so amazing since its launch and everybody is talking about it.

Other reasons for buying an Ouya are pretty much the same as why someone would by any other console instead of a PC.
Platform specific exclusives? Still not a good reason ever to own a specific piece of hardware.

I'm afraid I can't see why making the game console-exclusive is bad other than "but I want to play it on a pc!". You seem to be under the impression that you have the 'right' to play a video game how you want to play it.
I can't see why making a game platform exclusive is good. Isn't it in the best interest of any developer to release on a wide array of platforms for maximum appeal? Or has that philosophy changed. Or is there more *initial* money involved with signing a deal for platform exclusivity? Without exclusives, what is the reason in owning a console ever?

Buzzwords the post
Opinion discarded.
The only thing you highlighted in that post that was remotely entitled was 'deserve'.

Upvote 0