Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • Avatars:
    Avatars are disabled.
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.




Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Killing Floor : Calamity launches on Steam? When?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Personally I feel that Calamity would be the perfect bridge title. Killing Floor still has a multiplayer community, though it is and has been in decline for a while now. Its still a great game that has aged well (in fact I was just playing it last night and I got it at launch), but people have forgotten about it, which is to be expected after a game has been out for five years. In fact, bravo to the fact that people still play it, the majority of multiplayer steam titles die within a year.

    Releasing Calamity on steam I feel would remind people about the original killing floor, and hopefully bring some of them back, which would generate more hype for Killing Floor 2 as people learn about it.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Caskett View Post
      Personally I feel that Calamity would be the perfect bridge title. Killing Floor still has a multiplayer community, though it is and has been in decline for a while now. Its still a great game that has aged well (in fact I was just playing it last night and I got it at launch), but people have forgotten about it, which is to be expected after a game has been out for five years. In fact, bravo to the fact that people still play it, the majority of multiplayer steam titles die within a year.

      Releasing Calamity on steam I feel would remind people about the original killing floor, and hopefully bring some of them back, which would generate more hype for Killing Floor 2 as people learn about it.
      That and putting it on a platform that actually moves copies would be a great fiscal venture as well as a great PR move.

      So hows that steam release going TWI?

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by outlander999 View Post
        misfortune.

        Ah.

        I would like to apologize for the misfortune of people that bought next-gen systems, came without good games: 400/500 dollars/euros... For...what?

        i prefer a cheap next gen consol then an overpriced OP desktop that costs 5 thousand euros that can play the same next gen games that the next gen consols also has.

        Originally posted by Arblarg View Post
        So hows that steam release going TWI?
        be patient they will proberly release it when it has been sold allot on the ouya first.
        Last edited by battle2739; 07-10-2014, 12:04 PM.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by battle2739 View Post
          i prefer a cheap next gen consol then an overpriced OP desktop that costs 5 thousand euros that can play the same next gen games that the next gen consols also has.
          Desktops are very customizable. You don't have to spend 5000 Euros for a machine. You can buy a pc for just 400/500 Euros like a consol which wouldn't be that much of a difference. I'd prefer a pc just because of the fact your not limited to anything. Of course consoles are getting better and you can do more things with it. But even though it's basically a pc with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard you still don't get the freedom a pc has.

          On the other hand a console is designed solely to gaming basically. People that only like to play games benefit from consoles because it's cheaper than a pc with the same hardware as far as I remember.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Tefaan View Post
            Desktops are very customizable. You don't have to spend 5000 Euros for a machine. You can buy a pc for just 400/500 Euros like a consol which wouldn't be that much of a difference. I'd prefer a pc just because of the fact your not limited to anything. Of course consoles are getting better and you can do more things with it. But even though it's basically a pc with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard you still don't get the freedom a pc has.

            On the other hand a console is designed solely to gaming basically. People that only like to play games benefit from consoles because it's cheaper than a pc with the same hardware as far as I remember.
            indeed consols are only made for gaming and i trust consol gaming more then pc gaming because any consol can run its game without frames geting into the air even if its seven years old this however can happen if you buy the wrong pc, and yes im aware that you can customize your own pc but not anyone has sombody of the family whos smart in pcs to do that, im happy with my alienware laptop wich has an nvidia geforce gtx765m grapich card aswel im happy with my ouya and ofc the xbox one wich will be released this year.
            Last edited by battle2739; 07-10-2014, 12:23 PM.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by battle2739 View Post
              indeed consols are only made for gaming and i trust consol gaming more then pc gaming because any consol can run its game without frames geting into the air even if its seven years old this however can happen if you buy the wrong pc, and yes im aware that you can customize your own pc but not anyone has sombody of the family whos smart in pcs to do that, im happy with my alienware laptop wich has an nvidia geforce gtx765m grapich card aswel im happy with my ouya and ofc the xbox one wich will be released this year.
              It might be hard to choose from trillions of graphics cards and mainboards and stuff but it's no Hexenwerk(Witchery). You don't need to have much knowledge I think. The most things are already tested by other people and magazines.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Tefaan View Post
                It might be hard to choose from trillions of graphics cards and mainboards and stuff but it's no Hexenwerk(Witchery). You don't need to have much knowledge I think. The most things are already tested by other people and magazines.
                like i sad before im not smart in this, im not a computer nerd im a gamer wich there is a big diff between it, so i will buy my next gen games on the xbox one, exept for kf2 if im lucky my grapich card will be able to run it nice on medium settings.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by battle2739 View Post
                  like i sad before im not smart in this, im not a computer nerd im a gamer wich there is a big diff between it, so i will buy my next gen games on the xbox one, exept for kf2 if im lucky my grapich card will be able to run it nice on medium settings.
                  Sorry, but this really bugs me I find it incredibly annoying when people say "I'm not a computer nerd xDD" when it comes to stuff like this, all it is understanding naming systems, prices, and about 10 minutes of just looking around an electronics websites. A lot of gamers know a lot about computers, you be surprised, I'm in college for computer engineering yet I'm a pretty big gamer myself.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by YoYoBatty View Post
                    Sorry, but this really bugs me I find it incredibly annoying when people say "I'm not a computer nerd xDD" when it comes to stuff like this, all it is understanding naming systems, prices, and about 10 minutes of just looking around an electronics websites. A lot of gamers know a lot about computers, you be surprised, I'm in college for computer engineering yet I'm a pretty big gamer myself.
                    well not everyone knows allot of **** about computers, the only thing i know about computer are having the right grapich cards for the rest i know nothing about computers, for the third time im a gamer not a computer expert there are a lott of differences about gamers and computer experts.

                    now can we stop this argu and stay on topic plz

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by battle2739 View Post
                      well not everyone knows allot of **** about computers, the only thing i know about computer are having the right grapich cards for the rest i know nothing about computers, for the third time im a gamer not a computer expert there are a lott of differences about gamers and computer experts.

                      now can we stop this argu and stay on topic plz
                      Google knows 'allot' about computers and almost anything you type in will reveal an answer, likely with pictures. Computers are like big, slightly more expensive legos really. You don't have to be smart to build one, at least not in the physical aspect. Being informed on the parts you purchase will certainly require research as a $1500 Mac or Alienware will likely be able to be out performed by a $700 or less machine that is self built or in some cases even pre-built with self upgrades.

                      Sure though, we can stay on topic. Hows that KFC release on steam coming along TWI? Its been a looooooong time. At this rate you may as well package it with KF2 as a pre-order bonus or something. Still real interested in having a chance to play KFC without having to own a proprietary paperweight to do so.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Arblarg View Post
                        Google knows 'allot' about computers and almost anything you type in will reveal an answer, likely with pictures. Computers are like big, slightly more expensive legos really. You don't have to be smart to build one, at least not in the physical aspect. Being informed on the parts you purchase will certainly require research as a $1500 Mac or Alienware will likely be able to be out performed by a $700 or less machine that is self built or in some cases even pre-built with self upgrades.

                        Sure though, we can stay on topic. Hows that KFC release on steam coming along TWI? Its been a looooooong time. At this rate you may as well package it with KF2 as a pre-order bonus or something. Still real interested in having a chance to play KFC without having to own a proprietary paperweight to do so.
                        +1

                        It's about time
                        Peace has cost you your strength! Victory has defeated you! - Bane

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Having had the chance to play this game the other day at a friends house (Thanks ArmoredPuppy), I got to say, and its what I've been saying all along, PC release when? KFC could benefit so much from having actual hardware to execute. The frame drop, barely responsive controls, and pop in and everything else to even get the game to run on an ouya really soured the experience for me. Its a shame because even for how small the game is in terms of content, I feel that it could get so much more out of being on PC's. Things like actual online co-op, true multiplayer, seamless gameplay and actual good controls. KFC really is something that people could get hundreds of hours out of, even with its lack of content when compared to KF.

                          Just answer my plea TWI, PC / Steam release when?

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Arblarg View Post
                            Google knows 'allot' about computers and almost anything you type in will reveal an answer, likely with pictures. Computers are like big, slightly more expensive legos really. You don't have to be smart to build one, at least not in the physical aspect. Being informed on the parts you purchase will certainly require research as a $1500 Mac or Alienware will likely be able to be out performed by a $700 or less machine that is self built or in some cases even pre-built with self upgrades.

                            Sure though, we can stay on topic. Hows that KFC release on steam coming along TWI? Its been a looooooong time. At this rate you may as well package it with KF2 as a pre-order bonus or something. Still real interested in having a chance to play KFC without having to own a proprietary paperweight to do so.
                            well i dont want to know all this cpu stuf because i only want to game.

                            on topic youl have to wait until the ouya 2 has been released and that it has been sold enough, then TI will proberly release it on steam.
                            Last edited by battle2739; 10-12-2014, 01:37 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Arblarg View Post
                              Having had the chance to play this game the other day at a friends house (Thanks ArmoredPuppy), I got to say, and its what I've been saying all along, PC release when? KFC could benefit so much from having actual hardware to execute. The frame drop, barely responsive controls, and pop in and everything else to even get the game to run on an ouya really soured the experience for me. Its a shame because even for how small the game is in terms of content, I feel that it could get so much more out of being on PC's. Things like actual online co-op, true multiplayer, seamless gameplay and actual good controls. KFC really is something that people could get hundreds of hours out of, even with its lack of content when compared to KF.

                              Just answer my plea TWI, PC / Steam release when?

                              Please tell me you used a ps3 controller and not a Ouya controller. The Ouya controller is god awful.

                              Also, Tripwire has made it very clear that this game is suppose to be about couch co-op. Playing with your friends in the room. This is a place that I am torn. As i am a big fan of couch co-op but at the same time it is a pain in the butt to actually get your friends over and play a game. (Lord knows I pull out the Ouya and they all run for the hills).

                              I've played the game co-op once your twice and it is awesome as a co-op. I just wish I could play more co-op. Hopefully if they release it on steam it could be couch co-op and online co-op. Not to mention more than 2 players.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                It could be something neat while waiting for KF2. But I have to say that it's very unlikely that it would be ported to PC. It's just a KF ripoff. An official ripoff, but still a ripoff. Apart from the top-down visual, some new weapons (double mac10 and leafblower) and the 20 lvls system, it's just a bland version of KF. The maps are new, but they show nothing that has already been showed in KF. A skin is tied to a perk so you can't go anymore as medic(skin)-zerker(perk). Not that much of a turndown, but still.
                                IMHO there's no need to port it to pc, even if I'd like really much to actually play it.
                                Apparently, having some stats of the game I love in my signature is the equivalent of stroking my e-penis in the mouth of others.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X