• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC [KF 1052] Reloading while ZED-Time ends results in some very sped up animations

mazedummy

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
mazedummy.de
Category: Code

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: If you reload while ZED-Time is ending the rest of the animation is sped up like 4 times normal speed. This only occurs if you have a skill like Tactical Reload selected

Description: If you have a skill like Tactical Reload or Heavy Weapon Training selected the reload animation is bugged if you start reloading while ZED-Time is ending. It is bugged in the way, that it is sped up multiple times.

In ZED-Time everything is right. While ZED-Time is ending, the game comes back to normal speed - during this short amount of tíme the animation is sped up to play like 4 times normal speed, it feels like the animation's speed is getting exponentially faster instead of linear.

Steps to reproduce:
1.) Start a game as any perk which has an elite reload skill and select that one
2.) Make some cool kills and get into ZED-Time
3.) Reload you weapon right before the ZED-Time ends
4.) You should notice that the animation is sped up multiple times if the game's speed is back to normal and the animation is still playing

In fact you also do reload that fast it isn't only the animation you get your ammo into your weapon as quick as the animation is playing!

I noticed this bug at least with Gunslinger and Survivalist (both Level 23) with all kind of weapons (All kind of dual pistols to post some examples)

Online/Offline: Only tested it online so far but presumably this bug occurs offline, too

I guess this happens because of slinger and survivalist having a passive zed time reload speed added to them. But mega sped up i've only noticed with survivalist, where when zed time goes off and you're still mid reload, it will speed up while the zed time fade is in effect... Gunslinger, idunno, i've played him recently with that skill equiped... Seems fine to me.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2290146 said:
I guess this happens because of slinger and survivalist having a passive zed time reload speed added to them. But mega sped up i've only noticed with survivalist, where when zed time goes off and you're still mid reload, it will speed up while the zed time fade is in effect... Gunslinger, idunno, i've played him recently with that skill equiped... Seems fine to me.

Played as Gunslinger today, too and ... it was really sped up (dual magnums - starting reload right before zed-time ends) ...

But regardless it should be looked at - it is a mechanic which is not working like intended ;)

Upvote 0