• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Incorrect Voice Lines Playing

Xervan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 8, 2015
Category: Audio

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: When you are welding a door and somebody helps you weld, the wrong character says their welding assist line. Anton uses his Trench Gun lines when he uses the Winchester.

Description: The first issue has been broken for some time. It was working correctly since the Closed Beta and broke around the SWAT update I believe. What happens now when somebody comes to help with the door, their character doesn't say their welding assist line and instead the character that was welding first says their welding assist line. For example, Foster is welding a door and Briar comes along to help. Instead of Briar saying "Shift up, this door needs a real man's touch." Foster will instead play his line. It is a minor issue nobody has noticed because no one welds the BLOODY DOORS.

The second issue is Anton using his Trench Gun lines for the Winchester. I think this may be intended because there is some overlap with saying "How the West was won." However, Anton says things relating to burning the zeds while using the Winchester.

Online/Offline: Online

Not really sure if related, but since the introduction of the Survivalist, the Commando DJ Scully keeps saying the "Jack of all trades" line when using the SCAR.... Isn't that a Survivalist line?

The trader also seems to be affected by this: It keeps telling me that I need medical attention when I'm at 100 health.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Other lines that are off now are some of the single handguns' lines got moved to the dual version, even though the lines used refer to it in the singular. I think this happened back at the SWAT or Surv update?
"An old classic, just like me." "You were killed by an old man, with an old gun." --aberts, dual 1858
"Nahhahaow THIS is a real man's gun." "This thing will take down a rhino." -- alberts, dual .500s
"You HAVE to love a classic." "It's a man's gun you dead scum." -- modern masterson, dual 1911
"Me, my fifty cal, and a lot of dead zeds." -- modern briar, dual deags
"Loove my fifty cal." --classic briar, dual deags (though another line in this set is "Fifty cal fun time!", a classic KF1 quote for dual handcannons, so this one should maybe stay for dual deags anyways)

The weirdest line that's off is
"Twelve gauge greatness! Right here." -- classic briar, dual 1911s

DotS, the "jack of all trades" quote is for the SCAR, regardless of perk, and scully's right, it's a versatile weapon, so it fits. SCAR is a survivalist weapon as much as anything else is, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0