• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Siren's glitched damage

pokerman123

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 27, 2017
BUG Confirmed in Offline, see here <- click

The server suffered siren's glitched-damage for a long time, but I don't know how to record a video that time.

After I know how to record a video,in 2017/2/4, I saw people got killed by siren with glitched damage at wave 9, I start recording the video.

Server name : [HK] Johnson Server (HoE 10Wave) (Ranked) #2
Player amount : 36 (player-slots modified, still marked as ranked)
Map name : KF-BigGreen , made in 2016/11/13, updated in 2016/11/25.

I still don't know how does it happened... :

--- Bug time-line ---

[0:36]
Siren screams at a 158hp berserker.
Damage 1/4 hp of berserker per scream.
Berserker has 15% resistence passive, the damage will be 51 on other perks.

[0:56]
Siren screams at a 100hp firebug, killed the firebug within 1 sec.
First scream did 30 damage.
Second scream did 70~90 damage , overkill the firebug and the body fly very fast.

[1:36]
Siren screams at a 165hp berserker.
-1/4hp
-1/4hp
-1/3hp
The berserker is killed. His body just like been knocked by car.
A demolitionist got.... 95 damage in one scream.
Zed time, siren stop scream......and suddenly..
Siren kill the demolitionist by stomp the ground??

[3:20]
Siren damage a medic -76hp in one scream.

[4:40]
I try to approach the siren (suicide act).
She damage me 49hp in the out range of scream.
She overkilled me, I seems recieved 70 damage.

[5:45]
A siren didn't move and endlessly screaming , no one attack her.

[6:53]
A siren approaching a Commando.
She screams , the Commando's health drop very fast.
But he isn't in the scream sprites? He still recieve large damage in that distance?
[End]

--- Bug symptoms ---

1. Siren's damage seems increasing from wave 3 to wave 10. During Wave 3~7 , siren's damage doesn't hurt very much. During Wave 8~10, siren's damage become obviously high.
2. Siren didn't get elite clot buff , still instant kill people.
3. If one siren's damage is glitched , the next siren is glitched too.
4. Siren's glitched damage is various, one did 60 damage , another one did 95 damage.

--- Doubts ---

1. Is the bug happened every time?
Ans :
Not exactly, this bug didn't happen on the next map, the KF-outpost.

2. Maybe the custom map has a hidden setting?
Ans :
We played KF-BigGreen yesterday, same server, same amount of player. The siren did normal damage on wave 10.

3. Or it probably the modified server's fault?
Ans :
This server is existed before the Tropical Bash released , about 2 months , we played KF-BigGreen alot in that time. The bug never happened.

4. When the bug start appearing?
Ans :
After tropical bash released , day 2 , map KF-icebound, siren wiped out 6 players with one scream at wave 9.

5. The bug happens very frequently?
Ans :
I ever saw one day no siren bug happen.
I ever saw one day siren bug happens 3 times.

If you have same issues , please send us evidences and discuss here.

Last edited:
Arkadeivitch;n2286052 said:
It happened to me a lot, not on this server, and not on this map.
This is a real problem but I absolutely don't know why it happens, but I never saw this bug on official maps as far as I remember.

Which server are you playing? I want to know whether it happens in 6 players game.

If someone met that bug in 6 players at official maps , please send us evidences.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This time....I really witness the siren glitch damage problem happened in ...... Official map.

The BioticsLab

At the wave 7 end , we also spotted a zed stuck bug.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...18#post2286518
011F625A3E4EDC05F3BFD07EF34C3A9F7593310A

Because I sense siren's damage become little high in wave 7 , I start recording at wave 8 and witness the glitch damage...

This is the video , you can skip to 3:25 , the tragedy , siren wipe out everyone with simple scream , full health berserk got instantly killed by scream too :(

We lose the match , because the god damn bug....Oh dear...

(I don't know why it can't play the video in Google Chrome , and it can play in Microsoft Edge)
(If video run into error , you can view it here : https://youtu.be/gKc6qgJhyF8 )

海妖 = Siren in chinese.

0:20 , a 1/2HP medic got instant kill within 1sec.
LKjbyVI.jpg

XVFltlw.jpg

MoftbNw.png

4:01~4:02 , a group include berserkers got instant kill by siren scream , in 1 seconds.
P2WnxB2.png

jNCJGM4.png

The Wipe out by siren glitch damage :
C3QQOFI.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I play on a controlled difficulty server with higher spawn rates and higher amount of max monsters on screen at the same time and this seems to be happening a few times ,instant death by siren even at full hp.
I know it was originally meant to be a bug with alpha clots stacking damage so we removed them till it was "fixed" after the update went live and the problem was "solved" we added them back and hadn't noticed the problem till the other day.
I think its more than 1 or 2 alphas buffing that causes it to happen.Maybe I'm wrong and it could be a problem with the sirens code on the odd few sirens or something.I haven't seen it happen on vanilla servers but i believe they have lowered the spawn rate on hoe games so the alphas aren't spawning as much.

Mean while today we are going to lower the alpha spawn rates to see if it still happens but as its not always a problem and only happens now and then i wont know if it sorts it out for some time to come.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
slayer123;n2286573 said:
I know it was originally meant to be a bug with alpha clots stacking damage so we removed them till it was "fixed" after the update went live and the problem was "solved" we added them back and hadn't noticed the problem till the other day.
I think its more than 1 or 2 alphas buffing that causes it to happen.Maybe I'm wrong and it could be a problem with the sirens code on the odd few sirens or something.

I tested spawning 20 elite clots buffs one siren , the siren's damage didn't getting high. I am sure it's not clot buff.

Also I ever saw a siren come alone without elite clot from spawn zone, she still did very ridiculous damage to berserker.

The major symptom is her damage getting higher and higher from wave 3 to wave 8 , and the damage boost affect on all sirens.

I suspect that she is getting triggered by "damage" or "death" , because I saw some commandos shoot her and siren keep "standing scream" incontinuously.

So I suspect all sirens got slightly boost damage when getting damage, and it need a lot of sirens, that's could be the reason why siren sometimes bugged when server spawns 700+ zeds in a wave.

The "death" and "getting damage" triggered bug also happened on Husk, if the first husk got killed by shooting backpack, the later husks' self-detonation won't deal damage to anyone. The effect affect all the waves.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...does-no-damage

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well after what you've said, maybe it's a problem with code, like a siren gets buffed on wave 2 and the buff carries over to the sirens on wave 3, then wave 3 gets a further buff and the code might carry it over to wave 4 etc etc. Till they just become an instant death trap.Be nice to get a response from a developer on this.

Upvote 0
I have not seen this happen on a vanilla 6man hoe server, but I play on a 6man hell on earth controlled difficulty server, we have now lowered the spawn rate of alpha clot and so far I have not seen the super power siren,
the settings used are

faked players 6
spawnmod 0.15
maxmonsters 48
spawncycle our own (how we removed the alphas)

the op is playing on a 36 ppl hoe server.

Also note I don't play easy mode vanilla hoe enough to say it does or doesn't ever happen on there.

Upvote 0
So it still surround by elite clot buff issue....

However, the elite clots doesn't spawn many in vanilla 6players game.
The vanilla game's siren doesn't has chances to generate super damage, therefore this bug isn't necessary to be fixed.

And this bug become a risk to play player-slot modified server, if a host doesn't want to see super siren, he should drop the server slots to 25~20 will be alright.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I saw some new symptoms , the siren will keep storing clot buffs ,it will not boost the damage on current wave but the buffs stacks will apply on next wave.

Event : I plays in a custom named KF-asgard. Wave 6 , siren did 20 damage to team. Because people camping on roof, zeds can't hit them, but they kill them slowly because poor aiming, that wave wasted about 25 minutes. And in wave 7 , the siren deal larger than 300hp damage ,instant kill 175hp berserk in outer scream range.

So the clot buff stacks depend on how many time spend on the wave too.
The wave time is higher , that means elite clots scream more times near siren.
And the damage boost of siren won't show in this wave, and it applied on next wave, that explain why I didn't see siren get damage boost when I spawns 20 elite clots in offline.

Example , siren with 0 stacks, one wave cost 20 minutes, elite clots may screamed 70 times on siren. And next wave , all siren has 70 times damage boost and deal insane damage.

This bug could happen on vanilla server.......If some supports keep repairing door and wielding the door for a long time and elite clots screams behind the wielded door a lot of times ,at the next wave , siren's damage will harshly increases.

However, I am not sure this is correct or not. Maybe I should test it on offline server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
bad@chaos;n2286671 said:
Are you able to reproduce this bug on a standard 6 player server?

Successfully reproduce the bug in "Offline".

Steps:
1. Choose demolitionist. (For fast killing creeps)
2. Enable cheats, Enable God, Enable Demigod.
3. Spawn 3 elite clots and 4 sirens.
4. Make them grouped.
5. Wait for elite clot yells.
6. Blow up sirens when they receive elite clot buff in seconds.
7. Repeat Step. 6 four times.
8. End the wave and play next wave.
9. Repeat Step. 6 and 7 again and end the wave.
10. At the wave start , spawn a siren ,disable god and demigod, and it will instant kill you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I approve the reproduction steps. What should happen is that the Siren 2 needs to perform her first ever scream at the same the Siren 1 will be having rally boost on her.

This will set a value of DefaultScreamDamage var of the Siren 2 to match the rally boosted explosive damage, not 15 which is truly a default scream damage.

Every next spawned Siren now will be considering this rally boosted scream damage value as her DefaultScreamDamage (which itself could be increased by rally boost again) up to the point where player will kill one the same time other one will be buffed.

Essentially killing Sirens in that manner will be increasing their scream damage exponentially.

Possible solution is to use DefaultScreamDamage as a local variable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is a damage checking by using different perk weapon.

25 lvl Demolitionist.

1. Spawn a siren and she deal 9 damage in short range.
2. Killed first clot-buffed siren, she deal 10 damage.
3. Killed second clot-buffed siren, she deal 12 damage.
4. Killed third clot-buffed siren, she deal 13 damage.
5. Killed 4th, she deal 16.
6. Killed 5th, she deal 15.
7. Killed 6th, she deal 18.
8. Killed 7th, she deal 23.
9. Killed 8th, she deal 27.
10. Killed 9th, she deal 33.
11. Killed 10th, she deal 39.
12. Killed 11th, she deal 52.
13. Killed 12th, she deal 59.

Siren's damage increase and it scale up faster after her 5th death.

--------------------------------------------------------

More attempts :

25 Lvl Support, killed every clot-buffed siren by shooting her stomach with boomstick.

1. Spawn one siren, she deal 9 damage in shoty range.
2. Killed 1st buffed siren, she deal 12.
3. Killed 2nd, she deal 12.
4. Killed 3rd, she deal 13.
5. Killed 4th, she deal 16.
6. Killed 5th, she deal 19.
7. Killed 6th, she deal 24.
8. Killed 7th, she deal 25.
9. Killed 8th, she deal 26.
10. Killed 9th, she deal 27.
11. Killed 10th, she deal 36.

The increase value is variable, sometimes +1, sometimes +9.

25 lvl Sharpshooter, killed every clot-buffed siren by headshot her with Railgun.

Normal => 9
1st => 12
2nd => 13
3rd => 16

M14 headshot :

Normal => 9
1st => 12
2nd => 13

25 Lvl Swat.

Kriss headshot :

Normal => 9