• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC This game is really terminated ?

bad@chaos;n2284040 said:
In the next update we are adding a user option to disable the Auto-Trade function.

Thank you! There've been so many times where I'll go through a lag spike just as I open the trader and it'll sell all my non-perk guns and give me a weapon I never use.

I was actually pretty bewildered why this feature was implemented in the first place. I have never had a use for it, nor has any of my friends I've talked to about it. It just occasionally screws us over by buying things we don't need and selling the things we do need.
It would make sense as a feature if it just restored ammo for your primary perk weapons. But selling your weapons for higher tier perk weapons and buying armor and 9mm ammo? Is that necessary to the feature? I don't need armor until about wave 5 and I never buy 9mm ammo unless I'm playing SWAT, Commando and Support.
It's especially frustrating, considering the fact that it will sell off-perk weapons along with your primary perk weapons to upgrade your next tier weapon. Which has left me thinking multiple times when it's bugged out and done it for me automatically "I BOUGHT THOSE OFF-PERK WEAPONS FOR A REASON!! WHY?!" Mainly med pistol and the occasional M79 or Boomstick for trash as Medic, Survivalist, Berserker, etc...

If I had to make a bet, I would bet this feature has caused more inconvenience than convenience for people.

Upvote 0
I honestly had to use this feature once for real. This time when you respawn after diying at wave 9 when you have your full gears and guns, go find your weapon (that nobody alive in the team brought back to trader) and sprint back to the trader, and arrive 2 seconds before it closes, this is the only time I had to use it. You just press E key for one good second and the auto-trade proceeds.

Having it as a feature we can bind to another key could do the trick too.. or being able to disable it yeah.

Upvote 0