• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Binding Forward to Mouse 2

FDRs Legs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 11, 2011
I like having mouse 2 bound to forward in FPS games. In KF2 it seems that there are times when I have to let go of mouse 2 and press it a second time in order to continue my forward movement. It seems to occur when I am circling or otherwise inputting other direction keys (bound to my keyboard). It would be great if this could get addressed so that I don't have to abandon my preferred control config.

Let me know if you need any specifics regarding my setup. I can confirm some friends with vastly different input devices have noticed similar behavior when binding mouse 2 to forward.

Thank you.

Every so often I see complaints of this but I've been unable to figure it out. Is there a situation that this appears to happen most frequently in? While sprinting, aiming, after getting grabbed, after reloading, after closing a user interface like trader or pause menu? Any kind of situational information like that would be helpful.

Also what kind of mouse are you using? Does it use special drivers, like Logitech or Razer? Is it a standard USB mouse using default Windows drivers?

Is there anything else special about your key bind set up that might be considered abnormal?

Upvote 0
After a little more testing I think I have identified the culprit. Holding both forward and backward at the same time causes you to stand still. It becomes apparent in my setup since the two movement keys are not as tightly coupled vs default WASD where you typically are less prone to pressing both forward and back and the same time.

Upvote 0