• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC I'm so sorry Tripwire

q3.railgun

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2015
*edit* Not entirely sure how this thread ended up in Bug Reports now but oh well...

I think I'll just use this thread for video postings, now the thread title actually seems appropriate.

Here's everything I've put out so far: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...BgmdgKaX9QO2Xd and I'll just update OP with anything new past that.

26-FEB Screen Shake Removal Glitch : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvuRL15X5fc
6-FEB Theoretical SUP 3 Shots FP with DBS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lScbJA0x2s
24-JAN new (old) affliction change : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9QE8y8KMo
1-JAN Pulv FP lock test : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBxk3tTniGE
29-DEC super siren showcase (known by TWI) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLgeeh4P16s

Last edited:
Zerker Solo Volter Manor HoE Medium Length

Zerker Solo Volter Manor HoE Medium Length

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvEz8EekIzg

So I didn't realize I can't delete or edit the titles, oh well.

The youtube video has the detailed description but some tl:dr.

Strat - Combination of Camp+Funnel and Kiting. The rotational position is Window then drop up the stairs and back to window or side railings depending on positions of certain zeds. This prevented teleporting to a large extent which the hedge maze is really guilty of.

Hans strat - This was done on the fly, I used my best judgement from past Hans solo battles and I'm glad my judgement was good. I had to use circles for heals/breathers. I also got really good summon RNG, no bloats and no husks.

Highlights - Wave 6. I don't know how I survived. Seriously.

Video still processing, it will be 720p 60 fps when it's done. The last 30s, I forgot to edit out so excuse the dead air.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well done for achieving this.
On the other hand I have to say it worries me that the game can be played like this. Its boring to watch and all effort from devs is pointless. They could have made the map consist of two rooms connected by window and the gameplay would be the same.
Sorry but finding exploitable place to take advantage of exploitable AI and doing all the same on and on overall, I dont see any fun in this personally. If this is gameplay how TWI intended then I am worried.
If I would see this on youtube as a newcomer without playing any KF at all I would think what a boring game and wouldnt buy.

Upvote 0
Well done for achieving this.
On the other hand I have to say it worries me that the game can be played like this. Its boring to watch and all effort from devs is pointless. They could have made the map consist of two rooms connected by window and the gameplay would be the same.
Sorry but finding exploitable place to take advantage of exploitable AI and doing all the same on and on overall, I dont see any fun in this personally. If this is gameplay how TWI intended then I am worried.
If I would see this on youtube as a newcomer without playing any KF at all I would think what a boring game and wouldnt buy.

How can you stop that really? There will always be places that is best to kite (or camp, for that matter). Like after seeing all that suggestion to anti camping because "most of the map is not used", I'm like what? Even if you kite you are still using only ~30% of the map... even if you go to the other part to get ammo, you still end up back to the kiting circle.

EDIT: Well, the only thing I can think of is when making a map, stop making those "death traps areas". You can adjust the spawn points so that it wont be auto death if you end up in those area, so people can actually camp/kite different areas on the map. Such as hallways needs to be at least 2-FP wide so people wont auto-avoid those area.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How can you stop that really? There will always be places that is best to kite (or camp, for that matter). Like after seeing all that suggestion to anti camping because "most of the map is not used", I'm like what? Even if you kite you are still using only ~30% of the map... even if you go to the other part to get ammo, you still end up back to the kiting circle.
Of course there will always be places where its easier to defend or kite. But sitting at one place all the time..exploting AI attacking pattern easy like this..no I dont find it fun gameplay. Places should be better to defend or kite due to level design and combination with monster abilities.

If there was a monster with a chainsaw, zombie about to eat you, any enemy coming at you, you would behave differently. Use the environment for your advantage to limit attacker's choices, have better area vision/awareness, positioning yourself highground, exit plan etc.

There is no respect for zeds, because you know, you can easily exploit them. I dont mind one monster that is "stupid" to have slow attacks and you can wait around a corner to take advantage of its attack but all of them? Its boring.
There should be well made AI and zed abilities that work together to make for engaging gameplay where you have to think and plan etc, cant camp all the time and also cant run all the time. Not this, just look for another exploitable spot and swarm of zeds are helpless against you.

EDIT:
Yes as you say map and zed AI/abilities work together. Hungry zeds shouldnt have trouble navigating rooms to eat you.
And yes, kiting circle is something that would be nice if it could be interrupted by the game, that you would have to adapt as the game would make it difficult for you keep the same route every round. AI director that observes "hot area" of the map and spawns zeds accordingly to stop you taking the same route? I dont know.

Something to create better experiences and most importantly stories of survival. If I would use Dwarf Fortress as an example, I know its miles different gameplay, but what I mean is, it creates stories to tell, and memories what happened to us ingame. Imagine if you could say new experiences like this in KF2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd imagine that they would remove the one man funnel camp areas and have to force solo players to deal with 2+ entryways. At that point though it becomes very similar to KF1, kill a couple, run, kill some more, run and kill until the large are left.

My game play strats for KF1 and KF2 are really identical:
1 - katana near a funnelable room or in an open area to pick off trash, bloats and husks. Deagle for crawlers if not at a door. Daxe?! for 2hko on scrakes and perma knock back kills on FPs. You are also able to control FP rage with line of sight. Patriarch battle was a demo instagib.

2 - crovel near corners or in controllable open areas for trash and bloats. Kill husks with the AR. Pulverizer to insta sirens. Circle scrakes and dance FPs around objects. Fight Hans using the environment.

The only major difference are the teleporting zeds, when that goes away from the picture then we essentially have the same strats that work and we can all utilize the full map but then end up with the same kiting issue as 1 where we kill a couple let the new zeds meet up with the chasing mob and repeat. As useful as the window spot is, it's not as safe as it seems. It's just a way safer option than taking the fight in an open spot due to no flanks.

To be fair watching full runs on KF1 and KF2 were really boring for me as well. Playing them were indeed enjoyable but being a spectator to them were awful.

*edit* As I know Paris the most, I can try and see if I can do a full map utilization clear of it Solo HoE. I.E. No window this time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just rewatched the raw vid before I tossed it off my HDD and I now know what you were referring to, yea that definitely was an abort escape action. Didn't know where the FP was, saw it move along the windows and just changed direction. "Nope."

nopenopenopenope.

Definitely the impression I got too right then. There were some moments I have no idea how you got out of them.

Upvote 0
How did you heal 50 hp per syringe?

When you're the only one in the server or you're playing solo it's 50 hp. Otherwise it's 20.

Also I managed to do 7/7 on Paris HoE (skipping Hans) while holding out in all areas of the map with very minimal AI glitching (There's a handful maybe 5 time usages at most). I'll get it editted and uploaded tonight.

I think as the game matures, more people will find solo/online strats that work extremely well as the game balances. You just can't go off of what worked in KF1 will work in KF2, the single funnel camp spots may be cheap but it's no a free beat HoE card =p.

Upvote 0
Got home and took a look at the video. I wont exatly call he use glitch to win the map, its just body blocking zeds with each other. I used similar tactics with low mobility perks in KF1 too (in foundry/office mostly).

When those "one way defensive positions" are yet to be found, small group/solo players have to do this kind of thing to even play the game. Even if you take telepoting out, 1-3 player cant just defend a 4 way room. And if you kite with 20 self heal... ok guys, lets just go medic.

EDIT: main, that's not what I mean either. Like I said, you have to abuse everything you can to achieve victory. Its stupid, not skillful if you face tank Hans to trade damage and see who dies first. He stop shooting if you get in cover, so you dont stay in the open, that's how to play any game. And with more tactic to be found, it will become boring for a lot of the maps. That's why I support the idea of making FPs even more tanky to force players to give up their position (dont buff never calming scrake however). But on solo, I thik its fine to keep it beatable like right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No no, I didnt mean he used a glitch to win. There was some clever gameplay involved as well, without it he wouldnt win. I dont want my post to sound like I didnt appreciate his achievement. The opposite.
Just saying some gamedesign "features" helped him to achieve the upper hand in some situatins and those moments were boring and should be done differently.

Upvote 0
No no, I didnt mean he used a glitch to win. There was some clever gameplay involved as well, without it he wouldnt win. I dont want my post to sound like I didnt appreciate his achievement. The opposite.
Just saying some gamedesign "features" helped him to achieve the upper hand in some situatins and those moments were boring and should be done differently.

That's not what I mean either. Like I said, you have to abuse everything you can to achieve victory (like the only way to beat KF1 solo HOE with firebug is to abuse the spawning to pipebomb gib the double pounds on last wave).

Its stupid, not skillful if you face tank Hans to trade damage and see who dies first. He stop shooting if you get in cover, so you dont stay in the open, that's how to play any game. And with more tactic to be found, it will become boring for a lot of the maps.

That's why I support the idea of making FPs even more tanky to force players to give up their position (dont buff never calming scrakes however). But on solo, I think its fine to keep it beatable like right now.

Upvote 0
Like I said, you have to abuse everything you can to achieve victory
I understand and that to me doesnt feel like victory.

That's why I support the idea of making FPs even more tanky to force players to give up their position (dont buff never calming scrakes however). But on solo, I think its fine to keep it beatable like right now.
I agree with that, to have him break through defences and make players flee and regroup for counter attack somewhere else. Would be nice for teamplay.

Upvote 0