• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Random Stutter

VendettaQc

Apr 22, 2015
Alright so i got this game for around 2 years.. Never had any issue with it. Stopped playing for a while but now i came back. Always played the game on High Settings... constant 60+ FPS

Nothing on my hardware have changed and now i get those random stutters. I even tried it on Low setting and it still do it.

Tried to change Vsync or Variable Frame Rate..nothing get rid of the problem. The game will play very smooth and then out of nowhere i may get 3-4 back to back screen stutter and it goes back to normal. My FPS Counter does not even drop when this happens.. i just don't get it??

FX-6300 - R9 270X - 8GB Ram

Only the fact that game is not 2 years old yet....
Anyway, have you checked your temps while playing the game? Or maybe you have a ram leak that it begins to stutter, or cpu just sh!ts itself because that cpu is garbage and might be bottled because of high amount of zeds or AV isdoing scanning in the background.

try to monitor your system while playing the game to see what can cause stutter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
+1
Since the Descent update I'm also experiencing lots of unexplainable lag, like at least once every wave. It can happen during waves but also during trader time. While this lag occurs there is no frame drop or rise in ping. I usually go to servers with less than 50 ping. The lag feels like a typical ping rise, I would teleport around for a few seconds which messes up the gameplay for me, usually if there are zeds nearby when it happens I'm dead. It even happens in offline mode, so ping doesn't even matter here I guess. I can play with solid 60fps with most settings on high, I never used flex.
I tried different internet connections, reinstalling the game, using other GPU drivers, turning all settings to the lowest,.... none of it changed anything about the situation.

I made a similar post about this issue on the steam discussions for killing floor2.

specs:
asus G751JY laptop
Win 8.1 64bit
intel i7 4710hq
nvidia gtx 980m 4gb vram, dx11
16 gb ram
no overclocking

Upvote 0