• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

VOIP no longer transmits, mic, microphone, voice over IP, in-game chat

xmodius

Jun 11, 2016
I've got a rather unique bug. One day my VOIP transmit stopped working in KF2. If I try to talk, my name appears as though I'm speaking but will disappear after a couple seconds. No one can hear me, though I can hear them. I've changed mics, default recording devices, etc. Everything works perfectly fine in Steam, other games, skype, Windows, etc. I'm 100% positive something got corrupted in KF2. I've tried validating files and a complete reinstall, but still nothing. I typically use push to talk but even tried turning that off. Doesn't work.

The only place I'm not sure of is if there are any files stored in the AppData profile (not sure but I would like to think a reinstall would wipe them, though not all programs do that).

Does anyone have any idea what this is or how to fix it? I can't find anything on the steam support forums.

Cheers.

Reactions: Fok
do you have multiple soundcards? if yes, disable the one not used for sound recording.
had the same issue. kf2 is unable to do proper default sound devices dedection, so disabling the unused device was the way to go.

i know this kind of issues from back in the 90's. guess stuff looks nicer now, but gets technical worser, not even votekick on command line is present >_>

Upvote 0
I do have 2 sound devices (on board and a soundblaster). I disabled the onboard, but sadly same problem. Re-enabled it and disabled soundblaster, but again same issue. Also checked my servers and the 3 lines mentioned from NED79 are correct. The most peculiar thing is when you start talking your name appears as though you're speaking but then it disappears after a few seconds. Other players I've talked with have that same issue.

Upvote 0
Same problem here. A few days ago, I was playing normally, talking with friends on Discord and with players we didn't knew using the in-game voip, then I went afk for a few hours.
When I came back, I changed nothing, but all of a sudden no one could hear me on Discord AND Killing Floor 2, and I couldn't hear anyone on Discord AND Killing Floor 2.

I searched for a long time and I had to tick the "Use Legacy Audio Subsystem" option in Discord in order to hear/talk anew, but I still cannot hear/talk in Killing Floor 2.
I have no idea what happened.

Upvote 0
Hey! Why don't you try customer support services either for your device or your VoIP service provider? They are professionals and can definitely help you. When I got some problem I talk to the customer support of VoIP service provider or from the guys GetVoIP as I have taken their services initially to select my VoIP service provider.

Upvote 0