• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[SDK Support] Respawn near trader?

pokerman123

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 27, 2017
I am new to the Kismet, I learned the switch ON/OFF respawn points from looking the Outpost's kismet.

And I trying to make a kismet on a HUGE map which the player spawn is 150~300 meters away from the trader. (ex: CastleWolfenstein and Stalker-Agroprom-2017)

However, I tried these methods in CastleWolfenstein, and none of one work :

1. Tried Event "Anim notify" on every Trader Meshes, input "Open" in anim name, it didn't triggered the switch ON/OFF the spawn points. I respawned in initial spawn in wave 2.

2. Tried Event "Console" , input "KFTraderTrigger'KF-CastleWolfenstein_boost.TheWorld:persistentLevel.K FTraderTrigger_3'", it didn't work and I still respawned in initial spawn in wave 2.

3. Tried Event "Sequence Activated", input "KFTraderTrigger'KF-CastleWolfenstein_boost.TheWorld:persistentLevel.K FTraderTrigger_3'", it didn't work and I still respawned in initial spawn in wave 2.

Maybe I don't know which condition caused one trader been marked as "next open trader".

Anyone know?

If I know the condition.
I would like to do this Kismet Steps:

1. Wave Started Event triggers the checking next-trader rotation.
2. Checking which trader is marked as next trader.
3. Activates event if this trader is True next trader.
4. Turn off all spawn points.
5. Turn on the spawn points near the trader which it will open next.

Last edited:
I just got it to work.

First, I insert "Modify Property", and use only one TraderTrigger, Modify its Location and TriggerActorMesh to the destination, combines a Player spawn ON/OFF switch.
Make it trigger randomly at every wave start.

It works, I respawn near the trader.

However, using "Modify Property" may turn off the Map Ranking........

I would like developer make Modify Property no longer turn off Map Ranking, because I have no idea how it will make player cheating...

I guess if some Kismet Action has filters, which will turn off ranking when it trigger some specific actors. And it will not turn off ranking when it alter the "safe" actors. The design of map will be more diversification.

For example, Modify Property alters KFTraderTrigger will not turn off Ranking, and if it alter KFspawnVolume it will turn off ranking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And this is the method I made for the map KF-Castlewolfenstein.

I still wish one day "Modify Property" will not turn off ranking if target is KFTraderTrigger.

9LjtwlC.png

s0lKu0I.jpg

Upvote 0