• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In-game voice chat stopped working? Please help!

Mendacity

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 6, 2017
A few days ago, my in-game voice chat stopped working. I have since been unable to pinpoint any exact cause or locate any fix for it. So far as I can tell, one night I have a blast playing and go to bed, and the next night suddenly no one can hear me. I've updated my graphics drivers, checked my sound settings, used Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes, and did a full reinstall of the game through Steam. None of these seems to have had any affect on the issue.

It should also be noted that Killing Floor 2 seems to be the only application affected. I spend much time on Teamspeak, Skype and Discord, and have successfully used in-game voice chat on several other games just as I always have without incident.

As far as the issue itself, I use my push to talk key as I usually do. My name then appears on the screen as normal, but whenever I actually begin speaking, it disappears. Through testing, I've noticed that it seems to remain up when my PPT key is depressed so long as the mic remains silent, then disappears if any noise is made. If I continue to hold the key and go silent for a brief period, and then make noise again, my name will flash on the screen again for a fraction of a second as if it has detected my voice, but it quickly disappears again. My friends all tell me they cannot hear me at all, though they all see the voice chat icon.

I like to be very vocal with my team on Killing Floor 2 as I enjoy playing at higher difficulties. I make a habit of calling out big zeds, coordinating big zed takedown initiations and target priorities and calling for retreats. Not being able to communicate with my teams has severely disrupted my ability to enjoy the game.

I really wish I could provide additional information, but I am not particularly computer savvy. If anyone has any ideas on what the issue could be and knows what information may be of use, please don't hesitate to ask.