• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 - Not Launching - Help Us Help You

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We are tracking an issue where a small number of users are not able to launch the game (AND NOTHING APPEARS TO HAPPEN - If you crash on game launch or get a windows error message this is not this issue). If you are a user who has this issue we would love to meet you(r computer)! If you happen to live in the greater Atlanta Georgia area and your computer meets or exceeds the requirements to run the game please let me know in this thread (along with your exact computer specs).

I will reach out to several users who I believe are good candidates.

Minimum:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz or Phenom II X2 545
    GPU: GeForce GTS 250 or Radeon HD 4830
    RAM: 3GB

Recommended:

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz or Phenom II X4 955
    GPU: GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950
    RAM: 4GB

Non Supported Hardware (and Software) - There are no plans for future support for these systems.

IntelHD Integrated Graphics Chips
    32bit Operating Systems

Hi all,

I have a MacPro1,1 running windows 8.1 64Bit
    Intel 2.66 Quad
    3GB RAM
    HD 4870 or something close 4850? 512mb

Launcher shows, goes to black screen and then ATI catalyst recovers/restarts drivers and game crashes..? While this is happening, GPU fan spins up to 100% then is normal again when prompted with the Bugsplash page.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
    Played 47 hours with very few problems. Took about a week long break from the game, tried to start it back up and now nothing happens. The "launching KF2" window pops up then nothing.

Specs:

I5- 3570k
    XFX 7870 Double D
    Msi Z77A-GD55
    Win 7 64

I live near the Andretti's in Roswell so just down the road from you guys. If i dont hear from you i'll just re-install the game.

Upvote 0
    Having this issue

CPU: AMD A10-5800K
    GPU: AMD Radeon r9 200 Series
    RAM: 8GB, DDR3 Dual Channel

from reddit:
    [–]Gearfried 2 points 13 days ago
    I had this issue. Tried reinstalling, restarting. Everything.
    Here is how I fixed it. It might work for you and can't hurt so give it a try.
    Go to your installation folder /steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor2 and open the "_commonredist" folder. Then the "PhysX" folder and the "9.12.0702" folder. Run "PhysX-9.14.0702-SystemSoftware". Now try the to launch the game.
    As I said, worked for me, might work for you.

worked for me

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Guys, please read the original post.

sickzoid, your problem is not the issue they stated.

"users are not able to launch the game (AND NOTHING APPEARS TO HAPPEN - If you crash on game launch or get a windows error message this is not this issue)."

Also, that fix nyteghost is only applicable to a small minority.

Upvote 0
    CPU FX8150
    GPU R9 285
    RAM 8Gb DDR 3 1333
    MB MSI 970 GAMING
    OS WIN 8.1

Was working fine until updates were released then the game wouldn't start, it would remain like that for a day or two and then start working again. This has happened several times but now i haven't been able play in over a week!!! I think it has to be update related..

Upvote 0
    Did not run (no screen/messgages)

Did not run (no screen/messgages)

Hello,

Just installed KF2 this afternoon. Had this exact problem ( went to run KF2 after install, nothing happened except it showed I was in game for a few secs, then just online )... Contemplated jumping out the window but then decided to try to figure it out. First I upgraded my video card software, same problem until I remembered to reboot. No problems since rebooting.

I have
    Intel Pentium 5, 3.5 GZ
    16 GB mem
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (current version 652.86)
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Hope this helps.

BTW - Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but teleporting zeds could use some attention.

Upvote 0
    Same Issue Here

Same Issue Here

When I first bought KF2, it ran like a charm! Loved every second of it! All of this joy soon became despair...

Basically, my KF2 client wouldn't start up for some reason...I had no idea why. Long story short, I've spent the last three or so weeks trying to get this one game to work. :(

I have reinstalled the game three times, deleted the appache folder, ran it as administrator, re-installed everything in the _CommonRedist folder, thrice, used "-dx10" and "-windowed", and I've re-installed my NVIDIA driver four separate times. I am literally out of ideas...any help would be SERIOUSLYappreciated!

Upvote 0
    same problem

same problem

I'm having the same problem been playing lots of kf2 lately working like a charm and one day I tried to open it and the launch box opens then disappears and literally does nothing else....
    Specs:
    Pent g3258 4.8 ghz
    R7 260x
    8gb ram
    win 8.1 pro
    Hope this gets fixed soon!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Just got the game and havent played it yet since it just doesnt launch.

amd phenom II X6 1050T
    8gb or ram
    2gb asusr7 265
    windows 8.1

EDIT: got it working. I did the install nvida and direct x thing. It didnt work the first time or second time, but for some reason it worked on the third. So i dont know it just worked.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    When I first bought KF2, it ran like a charm! Loved every second of it! All of this joy soon became despair...

Basically, my KF2 client wouldn't start up for some reason...I had no idea why. Long story short, I've spent the last three or so weeks trying to get this one game to work. :(

I have reinstalled the game three times, deleted the appache folder, ran it as administrator, re-installed everything in the _CommonRedist folder, thrice, used "-dx10" and "-windowed", and I've re-installed my NVIDIA driver four separate times. I am literally out of ideas...any help would be SERIOUSLYappreciated!

GOOD NEWS! I fixed my problem! I hope this solution helps you as much as it helped me. :D

1: Navigate over to Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features
    2: Scroll down until you find NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.15.0428
    3: Uninstall it
    (I'd make sure to exit out of Steam before reinstalling, can't be too careful y'know :p)
    4: Reinstall PhysX via http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.15.0428-driver.html
    5: Open up Steam and run Killing Floor 2.
    6: Enjoy the carnage! :cool:

Upvote 0
    KF2 Will not launch here too

KF2 Will not launch here too

Sorry for my ignorance, I just saw this stickied topic here so I do apologize if I copy-paste this from the topic I created below in the forums. But here's my original response/issue:

I'm not sure what the exact issue is here but I'll be as detailed as possible:

Issue: KF2 (upon clicking "play" in steam) will simply not open or start the program. There are no instances of KF2.exe running in task manager. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esie86ggxfs

Troubleshoot: Check to make sure game is up-to-date, check integrity of files, Reinstalled game, reinstalled drivers, files, and all necessary programs (like redistrib 2009, directx, etc...) , finally reinstalled windows 8. Still no luck.

Note: I was able to play KF2 when I was using my old gpu (EVGA 570ti x2 )
    However, upon installing the new AMD R9 Furyx, I was unable to play the game. This, however, is the only game that cannot run with this new gpu. So I'm not sure if my GPU is the issue or some other thing.

Other info:
    Mem: 16GB Kingston RAM

AMD Drivers:

1) Software info:
    http://i.gyazo.com/a968cd73175144c6e6bb0b08c060cee2.png

2) Hardware info:
    http://i.gyazo.com/4d9758be506ff9e5ad0c52637dde06c5.png

CPU-Z - CPU info:
    http://i.gyazo.com/ae1e92b9389472458c251249c5497e8b.png

Upvote 0