• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Too Many Maps Part II

NED79

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 8, 2015
I need help from the forum again.

I previously had a problem with the map cycle not allowing me to save more than ~ 187 maps/list. That problem was solved by doing as Fjid89 suggested and modifying my config/KFWeb.ini.
​​​​​
Now I have run into another problem. I now have over 560 maps on our server and am still adding more. Somewhere around 535, a problem arose. When I tried to "turn on" any additional maps above that number, the server would not work. I would be unable to access or control the server via the web admin. If I "turned off" 10 existing maps, I could "turn on" 10 more and the server works fine.

There is no problem having 560+ maps on the server, it's just a problem having 535+ maps "turned on." By "turned on" I mean adding the associated ...

[KF-Arena KFMapSummary]
MapName=KF-Arena
ScreenshotPathName=

... entry in the KFGame.ini. Likewise, by "turned off" I mean removing the associated entry in the Game.ini.

I was wondering ..

1. Has anyone else run into this problem and found a solution?
or
2. Does anyone know which file might be limiting the # of maps that can be turned on at one time?

TIA for any help that I might get.

Last edited:
omano;n2285066 said:
Maybe the config file size is now too big with all your maps?

That's sorta what I am thinking. I'm hoping that I can make some change to increase the allowed size.

EDIT: I know that I need to have a "cleaning day" on my server maps. I do have multiple versions of some maps and there are several maps that we do not really care for. I need to delete some to get me back under the 535 number.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has found a solution to this problem. I just got a message from another server owner, saying that his server is crashing now that he has 535 maps loaded and activated on his server. That is the same number of maps that caused our servers to crash. That now makes three servers that I know of that crashes when 535+ maps are activated on them.

While not a huge problem, it is frustrating to have to deactivate a map just to be able to activate a new one. It would be nice to be able to "activate/turn on" all 600+ maps that we have downloaded.

Upvote 0