• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server visability issue

Fastie

Dec 16, 2016
Sweden
Hello! I've been running some KF2 servers for a while now.
I recently made two new servers for the 1049 preview update and have one version 1048 server running on the same Windows Server 2016 machine.
The 1048 server is running just fine, I can see it in the server browser and on LAN, the two preview servers however, I cannot. They are visible over the internet (and people can play) but they do NOT show up on the LAN tab. This is not a major issue since people can still play but I can't figure out why it is like this.

My server is in DMZ, firewall is off and plugged into the router which is portforwarded. my "normal" pc goes to the same router.

The way I set up the preview servers: I downloaded them from scratch then copy-pasted over the config files from my older server and then ran a validation on it. After that I added "Port=7767?WebAdminPort=7070?" and "Port=7787?WebAdminPort=6060?" to the respective preview servers. Launched them one-by-one and changed their server names via the webadmin.

TL DR My v1049 servers are joinable via internet but don't show up in the LAN tab. The 1048 version server is joinable via internet and visible in LAN. How come?