• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Is there a setting for using all maps?

ReBoot

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2007
Germany
steamcommunity.com
Hi,

I am looking for a way to automatically use all available maps. What I found so far, is bUseMapList which I can change to use all default maps or a map list I specify. However, I'd like not to specify anything and instead simply have the server present all the maps it has. That is, the default maps (sure) and the workshop maps I told the server to download.

You have to add the maps information (basically the filename of the workshoop map found in the KFGame/Cache/ subfolders like explained on the wiki) or the server will not recognize the existence of the map (you may simply be able to add the map filename to the maplist too but this is not the proper way as the map will not be visible from webadmin). Then you have to add the map to the maplist which is now visible from the webadmin. You have no other choice as far as I know, and I'm pretty sure I know it well.

Upvote 0
I thought I edited my post but it was when this forum went down today and it did not save it so here is what I wrote:

You have to add the maps information (basically the filename of the workshoop map found in the KFGame/Cache/ subfolders like explained on the wiki) or the server will not recognize the existence of the map (you may simply be able to add the map filename to the maplist too but this is not the proper way as the map will not be visible from webadmin). Then you have to add the map to the maplist which is now visible from the webadmin. You have no other choice as far as I know, and I'm pretty sure I know it well.

What you can do is to create a batch scrip (or modify your current start.bat file) to look for .KFM files in the Cache subfolders, then look in the PCServer-KFGame.ini file if the maps are already in the maplist, then if found maps are not in maplist add them, then save the config file and start the server. It shouldn't be too complicated to do with some googling. I did that for my Linux/WINE KF2 server with some more things (copying files to redirect server for non workshop custom maps).

Upvote 0