• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Unable to see/join my server since the update?

domingothegamer

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Ered Luin
I have no idea what happened and would like to resolve this weird issue that's causing me to pull my hair in all directions XD... I was able to host consistantly 2 days ago and beyond that till now. I'm now unfortunately unable to see my server on the main server browser and my friends are unable to join as well (I can join myself LAN of course). The console log seems to see that there is attempts trying to connect but it times out over time. It's clearly not any firewall issues as I have made sure it's static and no rules have changed. My ports are open as they can be on my end. the server does generate a Server UID and everything so i'm not sure what's going on. :(
Side note: I am running 1 mutator which is the Server Extension Mod by Marco.

Server LOG: http://pastebin.com/9Airdxa1

Things I did/(Did not work):
-Downloaded a new fresh installation of KF2 Dedicated server through steamcmd
-Assigned a new port to communicate outside of port 7777
-re-validated my server to check for inconsistencies
-Installed and used a program that communicates with a website if ports are open (Ports do work-'simple Port checker' is the program)
-Ports open
  • 7777/UDP - MainServer port
  • 20560/UDP
  • 27015/UDP
  • 8080/TCP - WebAdmin
-Made sure I have a compatible version of Server Ext mod (with/without)
-Made sure my server generates a Server UID (It does-Check logs)
-Installed the server on a new directory for test reasons

I'm out of ideas. It's definitely server side. The server does seem to know that there is connection attempts out there but times out overtime.
Log of me attempting outside my local connection:
Code:
 [LIST=1]
[*][0867.68] DevNet: IpNetDriverSteamworks_0 Connection timed out after 200.000000 seconds (200.044739)
[*][0867.68] DevNet: IpNetDriverSteamworks_0 Connection state = 3
[*][0867.68] NetComeGo: Close IpNetDriverSteamworks_0 IpNetConnectionSteamworks_7 50.184.229.207:10181 09/01/16 00:10:47
[*][0902.51] DevNet: IpNetDriverSteamworks_0 Connection timed out after 200.000000 seconds (200.044922)
[*][0902.51] DevNet: IpNetDriverSteamworks_0 Connection state = 3
[*][0902.52] NetComeGo: Close IpNetDriverSteamworks_0 IpNetConnectionSteamworks_8 50.184.229.207:10018 09/01/16 00:11:21
[/LIST]

Anyway thanks for the help in advance! It's driving me crazy :/

Tried to close Steam, then Start server, then ask your friend to join it (give them your IP address and tell them ingame to type in console (F3 to open it) OPEN IP (as it is default port it should work).

Also if it still doesn't work, close server and try to set all ports in start up command line (game port, query port, and webadmin port. See here http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/...Launch_Options for command line options. Be sure to correctly forward ports to your computer). Then start server (with Steam still closed) and ask your friend to join your server with command in console OPEN IP:pORT

When/If it works, start Steam then your game, try to join. If you can join, close everything.
Now start Steam, start the game, start the server then, and try to join.

See when it breaks, pretty sure there is still conflict with Steam/Killing Floor 2 game, and the KF 2 server, running on the same machine.

Last edited:
Reactions: domingothegamer
Upvote 0