• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server WebAdmin Changes?

fwfdf1reman

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Joshua, TX.
One of my associate Admins on our KF2 servers noticed that after the 1043 patch, all our servers were set to NORMAL and LONG. He went in to WebAdmin and reset them according to how we had them set before the patch. The changes he made in WebAdmin is NOT taking. They all remain the same as far as game length and difficulty.

Did WebAdmin get broke in this area and we have to manually edit the game files on our Servers? Has anyone else experienced this? Never any issues before the patch as far as changing game settings in WebAdmin. Now............ fubar!

So today I go to join my server and I notice there is a password on it. I think thats odd and go into webadmin and remove it then when I join there are 3 players in my server. I check my log and someone added a password.. So I searched and searched and well here I am .. What in Gods name is tripwire doing knowing and allowing this to happen. If someone has access to my server can they see the config files that have my password? because that is really really an issue with me. Please tell me I am not understanding this correctly.

Upvote 0
I had an honest reaction to an unknown feature that is a bit odd in the sense I have never seen a developer allow someone to borrow another's server without permission. Yes its Beta and I get it, but the whole game is beta and I had to pay for said Beta. I have a BIG PROBLEM with the default being on. I don't remember signing up for SETI. At least they let you know.

Upvote 0
There is a pinned thread to subscribe to the official TWI mailing list for server admins.. it is called [h=2]Admin mailing list[/h]
And by the way, you did not HAVE TO PAY for the BETA, you actually decided to buy it by yourself knowing it is still in development..
As someone else said, if the default was OFF, the feature would not work at all. Now you have to decide if you participate or no, it is only a setting to change (but I agree that this setting should be visible in webadmin, but everyone who subscribed to the TWI mailing list got the info when the feature was added to servers, so now you know what to do.. SUBSCRIBE HERE).

Upvote 0
You so played the beta card ;). Yes if there are bugs and glitches so be it, but this is not that so I don't think that applies here .. Don't you agree?
Also do you read all the terms of service when you install software? If you don't then does that mean someone can use your computer remotely through the software without you knowing or approving?

lol imagine logging into your computer and someone is using your word and typing a document up. Its a feature and you were not using it.
I could go on all day but I hope you get my point.

Tripwire has crossed a line and broken the trust IMHO

Last edited:
Upvote 0