• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Map Cycle Limit Exceeded?

I ran into the issue of my map cycle not saving all the maps to the cycle. After reading here about using the basic editor, I tried that but it still wouldn't save all the maps to one cycle.

I have found a solution to this problem though. If you open config/KFWeb.ini and change under ​​​​​​​[IpDrv.WebConnection] to the following, you will be able to add more maps to a single cycle. I have not noticed any negative effects on the server from this.

Change:
MaxValueLength=4096
MaxLineLength=4096

To this:
MaxValueLength=8192
MaxLineLength=8192

Hope this will help everyone who likes to have lots of custom maps like myself.

Upvote 0
Fjid89;n2283273 said:
I ran into the issue of my map cycle not saving all the maps to the cycle. After reading here about using the basic editor, I tried that but it still wouldn't save all the maps to one cycle.

I have found a solution to this problem though. If you open config/KFWeb.ini and change under ​​​​​​​[IpDrv.WebConnection] to the following, you will be able to add more maps to a single cycle. I have not noticed any negative effects on the server from this.

Change:
MaxValueLength=4096
MaxLineLength=4096

To this:
MaxValueLength=8192
MaxLineLength=8192

Hope this will help everyone who likes to have lots of custom maps like myself.

Can I do this ?

MaxValueLength=999999
MaxLineLength=999999

Upvote 0
johnsonpk;n2283358 said:
Can I do this ?

MaxValueLength=999999
MaxLineLength=999999

We are currently @ 535 maps on our server (soon to be 550+). I'll try the 999999 and report back if it works.

Edit: I modified the values to 999,999 on both lines, saved and then reset the server. I was able to add 26 additional maps to Map Cycle 1. Before this change Map cycle 1 would not even accept 1 additional map.

It looks like this line change does indeed work.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0