• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Versus Server match start issue

cvroy

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
I have a versus survival server and have MinNetPlayers=1... when I ready up the game still doesn't start. If I change game to regular survival it starts after I ready up and I am the only person on the server.

I have looked at all the ini options for the server but do not see anything else I can adjust... am I missing something???

Is the versus survival hard coded to not match start unless there is more than one player on the server?

If so, they should make it act like survival. If a server admin wants to have only 1 player minimum on versus they should be able to. This will help keep people on the server and not leaving while waiting for another player and they can actually play instead of sitting there bored.

Last edited:
General Changes and Fixes:

Versus Changes and Fixes:

• You can no longer start a solo versus game
  • Tweaked dosh and XP values for player zeds in Versus
  • Fixed executing "Changeteam" command while on a balanced team stops certain control inputs
  • XP and Dosh was not being awarded after killing human-controlled zeds in versus

This is a required update for clients and servers

That's probably why

Upvote 0
Yeah, didn't see that, thanks!

I tried on an official server and did the same behavior. Personally I think it's a bit lame for the reason I previously stated... People want to play, not sit and wait. Versus servers may have a harder time getting populated. I just don't think it would be a bad thing if they allowed min players to be 1 and then people could spawn immediately if they join the ZEDS or wait until wave is done for humans if the game is in progress. It's something they could easily code. Obviously the first person on the server, if they decide to start the game as the only player, would have to be human and could not go ZED.

Hopefully they change it :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0