• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Bug with configuration with multi instance and sub folder configuration

Crawax

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2016
Hi,
I have a weird bug on my KF2 servers:

At first I install it and use it with only one instance and the default configuration folder (./Config).
Then I wanted another instance, so I create two bat file from the default bat given with the server :
KF2Server-Private.bat :
start .\Binaries\Win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?QueryPort=27016?ConfigSubDir=KF2Server-Private
KF2Server-Public.bat :
start .\Binaries\Win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?QueryPort=27015?ConfigSubDir=KF2Server-Public
I start both instance a first time to create the subconfig folder (which are copy of the main "./Config" folder), it work well.
Then I stopped the two instances, made some modification to customize both config and restart both instance and it still work well. I can connect and play on both server, my config are saved.

That's become weird when I stop them again.

So, I restart both instances, and notice that the configuration files of both instances has been reset, but the files are not empty. Most of the configuration is just gone. (I check only PCServer-KFGame.ini and PCServer-KFEngine.ini)

I'am trying to replicate the issue right now but of course it doesn't do it anymore yet...
It happen to me 3 time, the first two it was after a reboot of just the instances and the third after a reset of the windows server.

It should happen again at some time, I will then post screenshot of the reset config files.

The OS is a legit Windows 2012 server Core with all update.

Soooo, any idea of what is happening ?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit :
Happen again, so more informations :
The problem happen when the instance is still running, the config file became empty !
I seem that restarting a KF2 Server instance with empty config file add some basic config to the empty file, that's what I see.
Here is a bad PCServer-KFGame.ini : http://i.imgur.com/ZzAfWnw.png
I also got screenshot of the PCServer-KFEngine.ini after bug but imgur doesn't want me to uplad more pictures...

Last edited: