• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Hosting 3 Servers on the same files (or at least with the same maps/maps cfg)

h4zard

Jun 19, 2015
Germany
Hey there!

I'm hosting currently ONE server (see the signature for data)

Now I want the same server host with this 3 differences:
  • Other Join port
  • Other Webadmin port
  • Other difficulty
Everything beside this, should stay as it is.

Why?
Because the server works currently pretty well and is well used - but I also want the same maps on Hell on Earth and "just" Hard. Also I would like to dont maintain 3 servers separately.

Why not just copy all the files?
Well, my space is limited and the whole server installation is about 28GB big. And I don't want fill my HDDs just with 3 KF2 Servers...

I'm hosting this with linux (thanks to http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=105484

What you want is to launch each server with ConfigSubDir= that will create separate configs for each server.

This is the launch options I use to start 3 of my servers with same files.
Code:
KF-BurningParis?AdminPassword=123 -Port=7780 -QueryPort=27018 -WebAdminPort=8000 -ConfigSubDir="KF2Server #1"
KF-BurningParis?AdminPassword=123 -Port=7781 -QueryPort=27019 -WebAdminPort=8001 -ConfigSubDir="KF2Server #2"
KF-BurningParis?AdminPassword=123 -Port=7782 -QueryPort=27020 -WebAdminPort=8002 -ConfigSubDir="KF2Server #3"

Upvote 0
You command is surely working good but I recommend to use non space names for the config subdir (just use -ConfigSubDir=KF2Server_1 with no space and no special characters) because I think the engine does not like spaces in names, just my way to be out of trouble (even if this is no problem currently to use it like you do). Also If I'm not wrong there was/is a bug with the config subdir, if you do not place this command line switch at the end of the command line. But what you suggested is the right way to do it ;) anyway.

Upvote 0