• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Can no longer host server after recent patch

Ever since the game updated to 1032, I cannot host any more. I updated my server to be current, launch my server and open the game. It's there in the server browser, and while I can join it, none of my friends can, even though they used to be able to. No idea what is causing this, but I would really like to be able to host games and play with my friends again.

Further info -
My IP did not change.
My ports are still open.
I did not change any of the config files between when I was able to host and when I stopped being able to.
I do not receive any firewall notifications that the internet connection is blocked.
I have deleted my server and created a new one, yet the problem still persists.
The server is not saying "Can't start an online game in state 3" when I am connected to it and the round starts.
Whenever I am connected to any server, or even playing offline, if I check my gear tab messages get output in the in-game text window saying that I typed "Console Events: Benchmark No description"

That last one probably is an unrelated issue, but still annoying nonetheless.

You local IP may have changed, and so port forwarding is not good anymore check that.

Also delete all your firewall rules and recreate them. If you can play on it locally but people can not from internet it is a network configuration error.

OR you are using default ports, and as seen numerous time on the forum you have port conflict because you run the game on same computer/network, so do not use default port for the server. Start the server before starting Steam/game.

Upvote 0