• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Map cycling stuck at same map

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
I'me having a map rotation issue on 3 servers. If players do not vote for the next map, then the engine will always pick out the last played map. In other words the map will always be the same in case no one votes. Due to this players leave the server as soon as they see that the next map is again the one that they just played. Here are my map rotation settings:
Code:
bUseMapList=True
ActiveMapCycle=0
GameMapCycles=(Maps=("KF-Outpost","KF-BurningParis","KF-Bioticslab","KF-VolterManor","KF-Catacombs","KF-EvacuationPoint","KF-BioticsLab2009-F1","KF-DeathSentence_BETA4","KF-HauntedMansion_V4","KF-ZedIsland_b3","KF-wyre2009_v5","KF-MGSMallB3","KF-Antize-RE2_RPD_V4","KF-BarmwichTownV12","KF-HotelZed_FinalV4","KF-Oldwoodroad","KF-DarkZone","KF-DarkZoneGH","KF-MountainPassR_Beta_v03","KF-BloodBank","KF-GenesisComplex_v1","KF-EyesWideShut_v1"))
MapVoteDuration=60.000000
bDisableMapVote=False
MapVotePercentage=0.000000
MapCycleIndex=-1

Anyone having an idea?

I'me having a map rotation issue on 3 servers. If players do not vote for the next map, then the engine will always pick out the last played map. In other words the map will always be the same in case no one votes. Due to this players leave the server as soon as they see that the next map is again the one that they just played. Here are my map rotation settings:
Code:
bUseMapList=True
ActiveMapCycle=0
GameMapCycles=(Maps=("KF-Outpost","KF-BurningParis","KF-Bioticslab","KF-VolterManor","KF-Catacombs","KF-EvacuationPoint","KF-BioticsLab2009-F1","KF-DeathSentence_BETA4","KF-HauntedMansion_V4","KF-ZedIsland_b3","KF-wyre2009_v5","KF-MGSMallB3","KF-Antize-RE2_RPD_V4","KF-BarmwichTownV12","KF-HotelZed_FinalV4","KF-Oldwoodroad","KF-DarkZone","KF-DarkZoneGH","KF-MountainPassR_Beta_v03","KF-BloodBank","KF-GenesisComplex_v1","KF-EyesWideShut_v1"))
MapVoteDuration=60.000000
bDisableMapVote=False
MapVotePercentage=0.000000
MapCycleIndex=-1

Anyone having an idea?

Its broken since last? patch.
If you did read/search on the forums you already know this.

Upvote 0
KFGameInfo_Survival:
Code:
function string GetNextMap()
{
	local KFGameReplicationInfo KFGRI;
	local int NextMapIndex;

KFGRI = KFGameReplicationInfo(WorldInfo.GRI);

if(KFGRI != none)
	{
		NextMapIndex = KFGRI.VoteCollector.GetNextMap();
	}

if(NextMapIndex != -1)
	{
		return GameMapCycles[ActiveMapCycle].Maps[NextMapIndex];
	}
}
There's no return statement if nobody votes. Hence admins can't fix it without mutators.

Upvote 0