• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Linux server support information

I see that TWI is aiming for a November release date. It seems unlikely they will be able to have a Linux server, let alone a Linux client, for KF2 by then.

Sad and very, very disappointing.

I just wish that developers in general would stop developing on Windows and DirectX. This nonsense of having to then port to other platforms is so last century. Just embrace Vulkan and develop on Linux which would make cross-platform development a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So here is the latest update:

2016-11-17 21:18: Andrew Ladenberger:
We are actively working on a linux dedicated server, but unfortunately it's not finished yet. There will be an announcement and instructions when it's available.

Email from the Tripwire Interactive's Server Admin Mailing List

...actively working...

​​​​​​​THERE IS HOPE!

Upvote 0
UP!!

So?..... any ETA for Linux servers? Also what about the SteamOS version? You have lost the trust of many people right now.. many people who were really involved in supporting your games, and I'm not talking only about me. Do we have to wait few weeks, few months? one or two years? that would be good to know, to be able to move on and forget about what has been said if you're not going to keep your words.

Upvote 0