• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Crashing while playing Firebug post patch

FearlessX

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 30, 2017
I have experienced consistent crashing (Error CE-34878-0)in the past week. I was browsing on the forums looking for possible solutions and some guy mentioned he happened to be playing firebug or had a firebug on his team. I had been playing nothing but firebug this past week!

The crash happens when multiple fleshpounds appear between wave 6-8, and I spam molotovs on them (It just happened again). The audio would glitch out and the game would crash. This crash never happened before the patch and until I started playing firebug (I never touched firebug until after patch) so these two maybe related.

I hope you guys can find a solution and I'd be happy to answer any questions as I run into this.

Thanks for report. I have a few questions that will help me narrow down the issue. Does this happen on any particular map or multiple? Are you playing on a regular PS4 or PS4 Pro? How many people were in the match actively when the crash occurred. Does this ever happen offline as well? Have you noticed any similar crashes with other perks that you have played or does it seem specific to firebug (or even more specifically throwing a lot of molotovs)? Does this crash occur frequently when playing Firebug or occasionally (1 out 10 matches)? Any and all details that you can confirm or remember will definitely help the team.

Upvote 0
I got these problems as well but didn't want to say anything since I wasn't entirely sure and I have the standard PS4 but it happens during Molotov spam. Like pure spam as if they're too much Molotov flaming animation going on. I even crash when I throw just 2 out with few Firebugs as well.

I even have a funny crash where after we got a victory from beating the boss, I threw 5 Molotovs out as spam and I get crashed out before the result screen comes out. I hope this helps Fearless as well. It's for the best to avoid Molotov spamming for now or use one at a time

Upvote 0
[TW said:
OfficerDavid;n2285601]Thanks for report. I have a few questions that will help me narrow down the issue. Does this happen on any particular map or multiple? Are you playing on a regular PS4 or PS4 Pro? How many people were in the match actively when the crash occurred. Does this ever happen offline as well? Have you noticed any similar crashes with other perks that you have played or does it seem specific to firebug (or even more specifically throwing a lot of molotovs)? Does this crash occur frequently when playing Firebug or occasionally (1 out 10 matches)? Any and all details that you can confirm or remember will definitely help the team.
It happened me ps4 pro. And i used firebug weapons when the crash come. It happened 4-5 times last week. Always rounds 6-11

Upvote 0
I own 2 PS4 Pro's, (my wife plays) and we BOTH have this same issue. It is NOT exclusive to throwing all the moltovs at once as stated. When using firebug and typically during the boss level, one of us will get kicked out with same error message as the original poster here. I always send the error report and attach a clip. (Through ps4 reporting) We both have crashed several times with other perks, not just firebug, but like the other user, it happens constantly with firebug and always during the boss level, and yes its happened with Patriarch and Hanz.

Upvote 0
TheMan89pk;n2286779 said:
I own 2 PS4 Pro's, (my wife plays) and we BOTH have this same issue. It is NOT exclusive to throwing all the moltovs at once as stated. When using firebug and typically during the boss level, one of us will get kicked out with same error message as the original poster here. I always send the error report and attach a clip. (Through ps4 reporting) We both have crashed several times with other perks, not just firebug, but like the other user, it happens constantly with firebug and always during the boss level, and yes its happened with Patriarch and Hanz.

Is there a consistent behavior that you are doing outside of firebug that crashes the game? (i.e. perk, weapon, skill, zed type map type). The more you can narrow the details the better we can address any issues.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply, the only consistancies are 1. It began after the latest update 2. My wife and I are on the same network. Other than that, firebug consistantly crashes during the boss fights and has also done this with support and demolition. Her and I will pay extra close attention and report back if we notice a "pattern" or anything more specific. Thanks again for your reply and attention to this issue!

Upvote 0
The game's also crashing if you play as demo, or medic, or commando (in short, all perks). It just randomly says goodbye and kicks me to the XMB. One second I shoot Zeds and suddenly, BAM. I think it got slightly worse over time. It's not happening on all my sessions with the game but it's too much. It's so god damn annoying when your game crashes while you have a good game going on.

Upvote 0