• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console SPRINT is Broken!

Divinehand123

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 15, 2017
So I don't know how this hasn't been posted before, but Sprint is horribly Broken. And what I mean by that is that it doesn't work over half the time.

I have a basic PS4 and my controller works perfectly fine, especially in all other games.

The problem is Sprinting in KF2 is like having the button non-toggled. I push L3, and most of the time my character does a prepare to run animation, but doesn't and immediately stops. I have to push L3 over and over until they actually start to run usually after the 6th time. I do it after walking for awhile too. So my character is not out of breath or anything.

Sometimes it works first time. But the issue really is that I usually have to HOLD the L3 button in. Which is horribly uncomfortable to do.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP.
i think the issue is that it being a port of the PC version(I hear there is a toggle option for sprint on PC) may have issues.

Please please fix. If I must get a video up to show the issue I will.

The sprint button should be toggled by default on PS4. Keep in mind that crouch control is tied to the same button which means if you're not moving the character will crouch instead. Are you using a non-default control preset? Has this issue occurred consistently since you started playing the game or did this start at a certain point (i.e. After a specific patch )?

Upvote 0
I got the game about mid December. I don't remember it being there at the beginning. But definitely past week and a half it's been an issue I thought would be resolved already.

I know I am moving forward when I do it. The character even does the run animation and moves forward for like a quarter second. They will even do it when Sprinting Backwards. For some reason it works more often when going backwards, but still stops doing it. But I know I am not crouching, as the character is always at the same height. I have been trying to experiment with it and definitely press forward fully. Nothing seems to work except doing it over and over till it happens after retrying over and over. Then it usually stops Sprinting, and I have to do it all over again. Really annoying.

Upvote 0