• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Killing Floor2 PS4 Screen freezing on Survival and VS Survival mode

LunaticMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Finland
My game freezes on these two modes. I am playing in Europe server and my ping is usually 76. VS survivor mode freezes usually when i get in the match and in the ready screen. But VS Survival also sometimes freezes on the killing floor2 loading screen. Normal Survival mode freezes on the loading screen. I hope we get fix for this issue soon XD.

No! This will not go! The game is UNPLAYABLE!!! I asked specifically for a review code for this game. Nobody contacted me which is fine. But now I bought the game myself and I was very excited. Only to play 1 or 2 days and now it FREEZES CONSTANTLY!!! I really dont like this! And then somebody here says WE ARE HOPING TO ADDRESS IN A FUTURE PATCH? That would be NOW and not days weeks or months later. I just bought a 40 euro Beer-coaster... I am really really angry! PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!! Preferably TODAY! OR GIVE US A WORKAROUND!!! (But I have tried everything including reinstalling the patch on ps4 etc.) NOTHING WORKS!!!

Upvote 0
Lycan Strife;n2280781 said:
No! This will not go! The game is UNPLAYABLE!!! I asked specifically for a review code for this game. Nobody contacted me which is fine. But now I bought the game myself and I was very excited. Only to play 1 or 2 days and now it FREEZES CONSTANTLY!!! I really dont like this! And then somebody here says WE ARE HOPING TO ADDRESS IN A FUTURE PATCH? That would be NOW and not days weeks or months later. I just bought a 40 euro Beer-coaster... I am really really angry! PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!! Preferably TODAY! OR GIVE US A WORKAROUND!!! (But I have tried everything including reinstalling the patch on ps4 etc.) NOTHING WORKS!!!

I understand your frustration and I would ask for your patience as the team works to address these issues. As far as we can tell, this issue when it happens generally does not occur that frequently. Can you remember the circumstances in which after it happened that the issue began to crop up for you consistently? As for a workaround, some users have reported that rebuilding the PS4 database from the Safe boot menu helped address some connection issues. Let me know if that helps your situation.

Upvote 0
[TW said:
OfficerDavid;n2281132]For those that are experiencing frequent crashes or freezes, can anyone confirm that they were using premium PSN avatars for their account? We're trying to isolate potential factors that may or may not have an influence on these issues frequency.

If you mean avatars you buy for your PSN profile then yes i got me one of those.

tho i have only crashed with the Patriarch mortar bug which was discussed in another post.
I have gotten the freeze in the ready up lobby when joining survival games several times but not on a daily basis even tho i play quite alot.

hope this helps

Upvote 0
hey david,im getting quite a few crashes post update,it locks up on the killing floor 2 loading screen,its happened while trying to load up the prison map,europe server,game length set to any ,public,not started,difficulty hard.
also had it crash while loading in a party of 3 to a game in progress & 3 of us had it crash on the infernal realm map ,
not sure what you mean by premium avatar,i have the resident evil umbrella avatar but am not sure if its premium or not,anyway hope this info helps

Upvote 0
opium;n2281570 said:
hey david,im getting quite a few crashes post update,it locks up on the killing floor 2 loading screen,its happened while trying to load up the prison map,europe server,game length set to any ,public,not started,difficulty hard.
also had it crash while loading in a party of 3 to a game in progress & 3 of us had it crash on the infernal realm map ,
not sure what you mean by premium avatar,i have the resident evil umbrella avatar but am not sure if its premium or not,anyway hope this info helps

Ok, thanks for the report. By Premium Avatars, I mean something you downloaded off of the store rather than an avatar that was available by default when you set up your PSN account. When you go to change your PSN Avatar image they will show up in their own filter. They don't necessarily need to be something you paid for as I know some come free as part of being a Plus Subscriber. I'm more looking for any patterns between those experiencing crashes and hang ups so that we can better diagnose the issue.

Upvote 0
[TW said:
OfficerDavid;n2281604]

Ok, thanks for the report. By Premium Avatars, I mean something you downloaded off of the store rather than an avatar that was available by default when you set up your PSN account. When you go to change your PSN Avatar image they will show up in their own filter. They don't necessarily need to be something you paid for as I know some come free as part of being a Plus Subscriber. I'm more looking for any patterns between those experiencing crashes and hang ups so that we can better diagnose the issue.

oh ok,well the avatar i have is premium then,

Upvote 0