• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is going on????

Fatal Dreamz

Dec 30, 2016
Soap box rant, I really enjoy this game, however the frustration that drove me away from COD is slowly creeping up on me for this game. I get the same weapon skins over and over. 30 plus bucks in crate keys and repeats.... I got the same skin 5 times in a row. Crafting brings no joy as well... camo or cosmetic I already have...I don't expect gold every time but same thing 5 times in a row...really. Last update is brutal... lobbies hard to find... the lag is real as well. Nuked trophy doesn't work. Please keep working on this stuff give me a reasonable chance to earn or get something to be proud of. I know this will probably fall on deaf ears... most are thanks for the money sorry you got screwed best of luck next time. I chat this game up in my stream all the time. I only have 1k followers but hard to stay positive and try to talk more people in to buying this game.

Reactions: -Moody-
I agree, lobbies are frustrating, lag has become a real issue, today I can't even join a single game. Trophies are screwed up, I've defeated the patriarch before he has a chance to heal numerous times on the last few days but the trophy still will not unlock.

not sure what's going on, but the game definitely feels less stable in recent days.

Upvote 0
Just to ease your mind a bit, buying keys and unlocking stuff is literally a gamble. You're not supposed to get good drops... The companies wouldn't make any money. I'll show you my amazing collection of AUG Wings and MP7 Skulls on CS:GO if you'd like. I just feel as though that's not a proper thing to complain about. It's like playing the lottery... You're probably not going to get the outcome you're hoping for. Have you every purchased a scratch-off from a gas station? I'm sure you're going to get a bad result more than five times consecutively.

Your other complaints are valid, as not unlocking achievements, spending a handful of time trying to even connect to a room, and lagging upon a successful connection are all very frustrating, and should be looked at. However, not getting what you want when you're literally gambling, is not.

Upvote 0
I understand your opinion Tussell, and as I stated I don't expect to win the lottery every time, however, I feel that 5 consecutive days in a row the same camo for the same gun is kinda frustrating. I still play and accept what I get and will continue to play until the game completely dies. As far as how you feel about my post being proper... I think you need to visit all the comments and post and make sure you let everyone know which complaints you think are valid or not.

Upvote 0
Fatal Dreamz;n2292171 said:
I understand your opinion Tussell, and as I stated I don't expect to win the lottery every time, however, I feel that 5 consecutive days in a row the same camo for the same gun is kinda frustrating. I still play and accept what I get and will continue to play until the game completely dies. As far as how you feel about my post being proper... I think you need to visit all the comments and post and make sure you let everyone know which complaints you think are valid or not.
It is frustrating, I get that - so is losing the lottery a lot. The system is likely not broken and is operating as planned. It may be frustrating, but I don't think it's something they want to change. There are also events where you can have a higher chance at drops - check it out, as there is one running this weekend.

I do visit most of the threads in this forum, and to be completely honest, I'm shocked at the things people are complaining about. There's literally a thread that complains about inexperienced players - as if this person has never played an online multiplayer game before... I chose to reply to this because since drops like this have been implemented in games, people have been complaining that they want better stuff... It's, for lack of a better term, a randomly generated system, and you're likely going to get bad items.

I do not feel it is a valid complaint, much like inexperienced players. Thanks for the tip though, maybe I will start letting everyone know. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tussell;n2290495 said:
Just to ease your mind a bit, buying keys and unlocking stuff is literally a gamble. You're not supposed to get good drops... The companies wouldn't make any money. I'll show you my amazing collection of AUG Wings and MP7 Skulls on CS:GO if you'd like. I just feel as though that's not a proper thing to complain about. It's like playing the lottery... You're probably not going to get the outcome you're hoping for. Have you every purchased a scratch-off from a gas station? I'm sure you're going to get a bad result more than five times consecutively.

Your other complaints are valid, as not unlocking achievements, spending a handful of time trying to even connect to a room, and lagging upon a successful connection are all very frustrating, and should be looked at. However, not getting what you want when you're literally gambling, is not.

If money is all they cared about they would drop more crates than just 1 a day. or they would put them on the psn store. The game isnt even ftp they get money from game sales anyway.
locking off half the game when you've already paid for it maybe okay to you, but not for me! and clearly other people too. Why should i have to pay more money for something i've already paid for? Its like buying a salad burger but only getting the burger. the salad will be sold at a later date. A term you've probably heard before. The system is clearly designed to be as stingy as possible so folks will open their wallets. In a ftp thats understandable but like ive said this isnt ftp. Whats so bad about having a drop system based on rarity? a drop after every game with a lower drop percentage the higher the rarity. Keep those crates in there for people that like to gamble. sell skins on the psn store. I didnt buy this game to gamble.

welcome to the gaming industry 2017. The next gaming industry crash will come! and then maybe the suits in the industry will realise people are sick of being nickle and dimed and sold games that are chopped up to be later sold as dlc or micro transactions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatal Dreamz
Upvote 0
MaSh_MaN94;n2297979 said:
If money is all they cared about they would drop more crates than just 1 a day
So what is it they care about? This concept is like, the furthest thing from an issue in a game, haha.

locking off half the game when you've already paid for it maybe okay to you, but not for me!
Apparently skins are half the game for you? Maybe you would enjoy some cute flash dress-up games or something, as they're free, and allow for tons of customization.

It's okay, I'll stop defending it, I honestly couldn't care less if people don't like it, I'm just trying to show people that this exists in many forms ALL over gaming, even in games like Counter-Strike, which isn't pay to win or pay to play.

Cosmetic items are not part of the gaming experience in my opinion. You spending $10 in skins will give you the exact gaming experience that I get (as someone who hasn't purchased a key or skin for this game), save for a few different colors. Hell, you can't even see half of your cosmetics when you're playing, aside from gun skins.

If you were playing this on PC, you'd literally be making money off this concept. You can sell everything you get for Steam cash. It doesn't carry over well on consoles, I get that, but you can easily avoid it by not spending any money, haha.

Oh well, I tried.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If money is all they cared about they would drop more crates than just 1 a day. or they would put them on the psn store. The game isnt even ftp they get money from game sales anyway.
locking off half the game when you've already paid for it maybe okay to you, but not for me! and clearly other people too. Why should i have to pay more money for something i've already paid for? Its like buying a salad burger but only getting the burger. the salad will be sold at a later date. A term you've probably heard before. The system is clearly designed to be as stingy as possible so folks will open their wallets. In a ftp thats understandable but like ive said this isnt ftp. Whats so bad about having a drop system based on rarity? a drop after every game with a lower drop percentage the higher the rarity. Keep those crates in there for people that like to gamble. sell skins on the psn store. I didnt buy this game to gamble.

welcome to the gaming industry 2017. The next gaming industry crash will come! and then maybe the suits in the industry will realise people are sick of being nickle and dimed and sold games that are chopped up to be later sold as dlc or micro transactions.
There's literally nothing gameplay wise that's behind any paywall in KF2. If you're referring to gun skins and wearable cosmetics, then I still don't know what you're talking because 95% of the skins/cosmetics are community made, community voted on in the steam workshop and are then accepted into the game to unlock either by buying and gambling or crafting. So no, you didn't already pay for the majority of the items in the crates/usb, you'd have to pay all the authors of the items to claim that you're "owed" anything.

Maybe you don't know or don't understand, but all the maps, new zed variations and new weapons are being funded by the key system. Before you condemn TWI for trying to "nickel and dime" you, maybe you should step back and appreciate the fact that every content update is free and will continue to be free as long as the key system can support further development. If you feel like crate gambling is stupid, don't do it, you'll spend 0 dollars while still receiving the same new content everyone else gets.

Last edited:
Reactions: LunaticMaster
Upvote 0