• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where is the rest of Zedconomy on PS4?

EdWeTodd

Mar 26, 2013
I asked this question in the Tropical Bash thread, but I don't think it received proper attention.
The PS4 version does not have the Zedconomy as the PC. We only have the first two series of cosmetic and skin crates and still don't have the option to buy specific skins, cosmetics, or crates.
Now, I thoroughly enjoy this game and I wanna support it by buying these cool ass Items. If you guys are updating both games side by side, why did PS4 ship without these features?
​​​​​​​

Much of what is being said is pretty much true. It will simply not be possible to have the exact Zedconomy as the one on Steam for several reasons. All cosmetics will go into the same crate and one key will open it. New items will be continued to be added to the Zedconomy but to update the game with as quickly and easily with as many cosmetic items as on the Steam version would not be possible.

We are still looking at ways to improve the Zedconomy experience.

Upvote 0
I don't expect the exact same Zedconomy, I'd just like to see some of the features like specific crate or item purchases. I'd been grinding crates in hopes of getting that gladiator buzzsaw mask thing and all I got for my efforts was a lame, over sized back pack.
I hardly see anybody in public games using rare items because of how difficult (and expensive mind you) to obtain these items.
I REALLY like these items, and I wanna support you guys through Zedconomy, I'm hoping this system is updated for us soon

Upvote 0
Kittenmittens;n2285690 said:
Much of what is being said is pretty much true. It will simply not be possible to have the exact Zedconomy as the one on Steam for several reasons. All cosmetics will go into the same crate and one key will open it. New items will be continued to be added to the Zedconomy but to update the game with as quickly and easily with as many cosmetic items as on the Steam version would not be possible.

We are still looking at ways to improve the Zedconomy experience.
Personally, I am looking forward to the new creates and cosmetics. I would love to get my hands on the Van Alberts set as well some other stuff like the Cowboy Hat, Eye Patch, the Longhorn, Rubber Air Filter, and the Wasteland Goggles. Looking like a badass is half the battle. Is there an estimated date as to when those items should be available to PS4?

My main gripe with buying keys, though, is that when I get an item, it may not have a cool skin. For example, I got the RPG pack but it is in desert camouflage. It is a pretty cool cosmetic but damn the camo does not match anyone. You should be able to get all skins when you get a certain item, similar to buying any of the costume packs. I have the Classic Foster and Cardboard Knight pack, for the record.

Upvote 0
The system should be overhauled in the sense that you can "purchase" crates and open them with keys. So, you buy keys (if Tripwire insists on pay-only and no keys you could earn by playing) and then you can choose from all the crates the game has. One key opens one crate once, like it does now. And you get your item.

This drop system on ps4 is really bad. You have to specifically wait for the right crate to drop, even if you bought a key. Kittenmittens please consider this for console. Let players who bought a key "buy" crates directly. I mean, they paid money so why this daily drop thing? Let paying players get things instantly. What do you want more? They paid for the key, so why do you force them to wait?

Upvote 0
Pro-Pained;n2286766 said:
Personally, I am looking forward to the new creates and cosmetics. I would love to get my hands on the Van Alberts set as well some other stuff like the Cowboy Hat, Eye Patch, the Longhorn, Rubber Air Filter, and the Wasteland Goggles. Looking like a badass is half the battle. Is there an estimated date as to when those items should be available to PS4?

My main gripe with buying keys, though, is that when I get an item, it may not have a cool skin. For example, I got the RPG pack but it is in desert camouflage. It is a pretty cool cosmetic but damn the camo does not match anyone. You should be able to get all skins when you get a certain item, similar to buying any of the costume packs. I have the Classic Foster and Cardboard Knight pack, for the record.

Anything camo generally works well with Masterson - I have my version of him looking like Firefly from the 80's GI Joe series, lol.

Upvote 0
EdWeTodd;n2285920 said:
I don't expect the exact same Zedconomy, I'd just like to see some of the features like specific crate or item purchases. I'd been grinding crates in hopes of getting that gladiator buzzsaw mask thing and all I got for my efforts was a lame, over sized back pack.
I hardly see anybody in public games using rare items because of how difficult (and expensive mind you) to obtain these items.
I REALLY like these items, and I wanna support you guys through Zedconomy, I'm hoping this system is updated for us soon

COmpletly agree with AdWeTodd, I like these a lot too and I hope you'll update the system soon. I believe it's quite expensive too to purchase crates...

Upvote 0