• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to utilize all classes

I'll be less thorough, because well... I've got 8 perks to cover! (Survivalist doesn't really count) :

Medic: It depends a lot on your playstyle...There isn't a really "better" way to play him. If you already have a medic in your team, or if you are playing alone. Then playing as a battle medic (the right side of the skill tree), is the way to go to pack a stronger punch. However in almost every other circumstances : you should pick everything from the left side of the tree, because it will boost your teammates (and yourself), making them more effective.

Support: At level 5 "tactical reload" is the way to go. Having bigger magazines would be overkill and takes forever to reload if you want to be at full mag again. Meanwhile, tactical reload is always effective! For level 10, it depends on your playstyle...Do you enjoy being able to take one more hit, or to pierce a bigger hole? I personally use "salvo" , but "fortitude" can work as well. For Level 15, "armor piercing" is waaaay better. It will allow you to devastate lines of zeds in a corridor. The shotguns are already accurate enough , so don't use "tight choke" . For level 20 : Both are very effective... I'd say "Resupply pack" due to the overall usefulness for the team, but I never really tried concussion round to begin with. I guess it could be quite useful against medium-to-big zeds.

So here's my loadout: tactical reload+salvo+armor piercing rounds+resupply pack

Sharpshooter: Take "marksman" at level 5 and "ballistic shock" at level 10... They aren't truly good per-say, but I find them infinitely better than the other two which requires you to either stand still or crouch...This means that you'll want to do it all the time to get your damage bonus, and might get badly wounded by doing so. Level 15 is different... Reloading faster means shooting the crossbow or railgun faster, which definitely helps a lot ! Meanwhile, getting a flat 50% damage boost on top of your passive damage to headshot is also rather appealing... It's a matter of opinion, I choose "tactical reload" because I can't aim very well. At level 20: pick dead eye. The bonus isn't that high, but it's better than having more ammo (you'll have enough,except if you can't shoot straight...)

It's not a perk I like to use very much, I find it underwhelming if you can't score headshot... nevertheless,here's my loadout : marksman+ballistic shock+tactical reload+

Commando: Level 5 is a matter of taste as both are effective. I tend to pick "tactical reload" because I like to be able to shoot back as fast as possible. But having a 45 bullets AK-12 is good as well. For level 10: take "Fallback" for the first few waves,as you'll spare a lot of money by simply using your knife and 9mm,along with your grenades. You could have your SCAR at wave 5 if you do it right! Afterward, pick up "concussion rounds" . Level 15:Tenacious allows you a free hit basically... Which can be the difference between life and death in harder difficulties. But it's only useful once in a while. So I'd say "prepared" is better, even more so since you often end up low on ammo in latter waves. Level 20: Tough choice... With eat lead, you could have a 60 bullets magazine, and even 75 if you took "high capacity mag", which basically means having an LMG! However, having less recoil and an extra 25% damage (which equals for 45% at level 20) is also incredibly effective. It really depends on how you wish to play the perk...

My loadout: tactical reload+fallback AND concussion rounds+ prepared+ hollow point rounds

Berzerker: Just like the medic, it depends on what you wish to be! A huge tank or a slaughterhouse. I think a mix of both can help however!

My loadout is : skirmisher (the increase in speed and regeneration makes you a hit'n'run wonder!)+Butcher+ Parry (it's crucial that you learn how to parry, and this skill certain helps you to remember to do so!) + Smash (since butcher already increases your light attacks... and increasing your heavy attacks makes your pulverizer even more ludicrous)

Demolitions: For level 5, both are fairly viable honestly. I tend to prefer "bombardier" because you can't do enough damage (you'll completely destroy bosses and fleshpounds!) , but being able to stumble better is also pretty nice! Level 10 depends on how you play really : I tend to pick the extra 25% damage on impact buuut you might need the extra ammo if you have troubles managing your ammo. For level 15 : PICK THE GODDAMN SIREN RESISTANCE!!! It's a must, you can't go wrong with it! Level 20: Should I say it? Armor-piercing rounds! (Though it might be overkill if you already picked the other two... so you could pick concussive rounds if you wish! )

My loadout : bombardier+high impact rounds+sonic resistant rounds+ Armor-piercing rounds OR Concussive rounds

Gunslinger: Level 5, steady is really good... You can really "swim" through the waves of zeds while aiming and popping caps. Meanwhile, "quick draw" is not exactly bad but more often than not, you will switch weapons without even wishing for it! Level 10: Rack'em up is usually better as you can deal a good amount of extra damage, but you have to know how to aim (which is not my case,remember?) At level 15, speedloader is the way to go, as revolvers can take a while to reload. Line'em up isn't exactly "bad" , but not enough to make it worthwhile against a reload speed boost... Finally at level 20, both are fairly usable, but this time I'd say "knock'em down" . The stopping power of your bullets will drasticaly increase, both that and the fact you don't have to carefully aim... It's just perfect.

My loadout : Steady+Bone breaker (as I can't aim, it's still fairly effective)+speedloader+knock'em down

SWAT: At level 5, tactical movement for sure... It's like "steady" except even better since you can walk at the same speed if you crouch! Heavy armor training might seem good (and it is for the very first wave),but afterward it might actually be harmful (since your armor will be torn way faster). Level 10 just like commando : "close combat training" is great for the first waves since it can help you spare some money. Afterward, tactical reload is obviously better. Level 15: Ammo Vest is the way to go. You'll often find yourself low on ammo at the end of each waves, so it will be a welcomed addition. The stumble power of your weapons is already fairly good, so you won't need it. At level 20, I'd say Assault Armor, because you don't have the same "bonuses" offered by heavy armor training, will still having the spawn bonus and the extra 50%. But Cripple can be good too, since it doesn't stumble but adds a slow bonus. So it depends on the issue you're facing!

My loadout: tactical movement+tactical reload+ammo vest+ either cripple or assault armor

Upvote 0
As far as the medic perks go, focus on healing. Nobody likes battle medics and its so rampant I was forced to level a medic and now I primarily heal. You could take the lvl 20 battle surgeon perk for the damage to help you get your kills much faster on the first wave but after the first wave your primary job is to heal so take the skills that compliment that.

Upvote 0