• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic needs some fine tuning

Hollow Idol

Nov 30, 2016
This issue has been bugging me since I started to main Medic, and after hitting level 25, switching to a new class I've seen more and more issues with what I'm going to discuss.

The issue is within the Medics healing darts. I've noticed when I heal, if a player or zed stumbles into my FoV as I'm firing, they at times, get my healing dart rather the actual target. Playing as a separate class I've witnessed this happen a few times and have even seen it result in deaths.

The cause of this I believe is the healing dart homes in on the lowest hp target. Making the dart capable of being intercepted adds a rather unique RNG annoyance which isn't something that should be a factor in healing based classes, it goes from I'll heal you, to I might heal you.

I feel this can be changed, I feel if the Medic was reworked the class could still be very unique in its approach in healing. If the AoE based healing were to be expanded, and Medics had the ability to revive a player once per round, then the healing darts could be replaced with sedation darts, that once it hits a zed, shows a blue biohazard sign above the zeds head. This would mean the zed is temporarily unable to hit players, but instead turning their focus on the horde.

The Medic already has this ability in some regard by being able to frenzy, but the zed isn't going after other zeds when frenzied, it's basically doing whatever it wants. While I don't expect this to be considered, it would still be great to see class tuning and adjustments being made every now and then to keep classes fresh and engaging.