• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Survivalist Feedback.

ThePhantomAssassin

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2016
As with the FireBug perk I have tinkered with this class a bit as well and honestly its pretty much trash in my opinion it is a jack of all trades and a master of none.... Why choose this to run around with any weapon when you can actually use the class associated with it and do way way better??

So referring to the perk bonuses
The Global Damage Resistance is by far the best thing about this class its 25% damages reduction at level 25 meaning even sirens do 1/4 less damage to you making you rather difficult to damage when wearing armor.

The Heavy Armor Training.
While I enjoy the idea behind this it is no where near as good as swats as they cant be grabbed while they have armor on which makes this one seem rather watered down and kinda pathetic.

The Weapon Damage.
This one kind of bums me out it only increases .6 a level! meaning any other perk using there perk weapons will deal more damage than this guy using the exact same weapons!!!

The Zed Time Reload.
Love it love everything about it. This makes it so during zed time you can dish out some serious punishment later on in the game.

As for 5 level increment bonuses.

These all honestly just sadden me this is part of the reason this class is trashy. Basically you have bits of all the classes as the perk bonuses but its incredibly difficult to make something uber effective out of them... While i love the whole random zeds exploding it doesn't make up for the rest of the stuff there...

Weapons...... ( -.- )

Honestly i am very very disappointed in this particular department even more so than the increment bonuses i mean wow this class can use every single weapon in game (Just like every other class in the game.) except i can be mediocre with it. When i think of survivalist i think of improvised weapons (Shiv knife.) (bottle silencer handgun.) (Some kind of javelin/ harpoon gun that nails zeds to walls.) Anyway i think you get the idea behind this.

Closing statement.
This class needs serious work in my opinion tear it down and rebuild it from the top with focuses in speed and improvised tactics and weapons making this class its own special brand of zed slayer not just a half hearted jack of all trades... Anyway i hope i didn't come off as rude to you guys a tripwire and i hope that this info is used to make this class something special and more than it currently is.

Thanks for Reading.

Last edited:
mistincat;n2280634 said:
LOL! Why would anyone with a brain be interested in how to make home made mustard gas bombs? And why did you feel the need to express that YOU were not prepared to go into how they are made.

your post lost all credibility.

Well,I know how to make homemade napalm. It doesn't serve anything besides having a bit of fun while being crafty. Some people are making homemade weapons out here... It's no better.

Upvote 0
ThePhantomAssassin;n2280668 said:
Well if it makes you feel any better I just removed that part as it was kinda pointless however it did not remove my credibility in the least bit. Anyway the rest of my post still stands as it was.

No it doesn't, the Survivalist is similar to the Red Mage in the original Final Fantasy. The class is meant to be suited to all situations, but not necessarily represent the true potential of every class. Hence the reason not doing equally or greater gun damage, I main medic so of course I'll do more damage and heal better with my perk weapons, but the survivalist over there is filling the role of a demo, doing .6 more overall damage then I would do if I bought a demo perk weapon, also that same survivalist has the medic grenades so it's helping me out with a slight global healing increase to the entire team.

You don't exactly know how to play survivalist, it's equal to all classes, hence the class sign being a literal = sign.

Upvote 0