• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Loot system unfair for playstation users (sad truth)

NateB230

Nov 27, 2016
On PC i can use the steam shop and buy skins and cosmetics for literaly just a few cents. i can take these skins i bought for 5 cents and break them down to crafting materials to craft high quality skins. where on the playstation you have to wait 24 hours for a chance of a drop, and if its a crate you will need to pay upwords of almost 4 bucks for a key. i just find this a bit unfair that the playstation users are being forced to pay allot more for skins and such where i can buy 30-40 low teir skins for under 5 bucks. is there going to be a fix for this down the line? and how quickly will the community maps be made available for PS4. so not only are the playstation users being forced to pay allot more money if they want the skins they also are lacking in content. i just wanted to throw this out there.

Reactions: TheRedSeptember
themaninblack;n2280483 said:
I think that has more to do with Sony then tripwire. I could be wrong, but I would wager to say that Sony gets a cut of every transaction so as to dictate a steeper price. If I had to guess.

That may be the truth, but in a lot of other games on playstation skins and cosmetics only cost a few cents. It might be that those games are bigger and then it doesn't matter as much for them. Ether way, stuff still costs a lot more in Europe than on the US version of this game, and that is REALLY unfair!

Upvote 0
Well my hope is since we don't have the zed economy or steam shop we will have a change in the drop system making it so we can get random drops (multiple a day.) to make it easier for us to use the crafting system... I have been playing since day 1 and have not managed to get a skin or cosmetic I even want let alone I don't even have the ability to craft them as I don't have near enough of the mats to do so.... So yeah this has been a HUGE pain in the rear for us on ps4.

Upvote 0
You need to wait 10 days to be able to get enough mats to craft a common item, and that's not including if you get uncommon, or rare drops, chests that you may not be able to open yet, separate catagories such as weapon skins and cosmetics. You're looking at having to play it everyday for at least 1 month before you can truly craft a single piece of gear. Unless of course you're lucky with rng and manage to get 10 weapon skins of the same tier in less than a month.

Upvote 0
MJA Redemption;n2280652 said:
You need to wait 10 days to be able to get enough mats to craft a common item, and that's not including if you get uncommon, or rare drops, chests that you may not be able to open yet, separate catagories such as weapon skins and cosmetics. You're looking at having to play it everyday for at least 1 month before you can truly craft a single piece of gear. Unless of course you're lucky with rng and manage to get 10 weapon skins of the same tier in less than a month.

No freaking kidding man.

Upvote 0
Couldn't agree more. If they are not going to implement some sort of economy quickly I really think they should make it so you can get multiple drops per day (maybe increased chance on higher difficulties and only when you finish?). Cosmetics and little items are the things that keep games interesting and keep people playing for a long time in my opinion.

Upvote 0
NateB230;n2280413 said:
On PC i can use the steam shop and buy skins and cosmetics for literaly just a few cents. i can take these skins i bought for 5 cents and break them down to crafting materials to craft high quality skins. where on the playstation you have to wait 24 hours for a chance of a drop, and if its a crate you will need to pay upwords of almost 4 bucks for a key. i just find this a bit unfair that the playstation users are being forced to pay allot more for skins and such where i can buy 30-40 low teir skins for under 5 bucks. is there going to be a fix for this down the line? and how quickly will the community maps be made available for PS4. so not only are the playstation users being forced to pay allot more money if they want the skins they also are lacking in content. i just wanted to throw this out there.

You took the words right outta my mouth.

Feels like a cash grab with the random duplicate crates unlocked only with a key bought for $2.49! Wow rake it in, remember we did pay $40 for the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: NateB230
Upvote 0