• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please bring in share exp

Player XP for kills is currently divided up based on how much damage the player/s does to the zed in question.
There are currently no plans to make XP propagate globally to the whole team. (only players who do damage to a zed will get XP for its kill)

For a detailed breakdown of the games XP system please refer to This document (under the XP tab)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly could you take a took at the exp gain for individual classes? Example being fire bug 1-15 starves for exp/money in the early waves until it hits lvl 20 for the extra reach perk. Also player annoyances is just on a personal. I have seen people leave when the support class welds the door and blows up after so much dmg is done to the door ... taking all the exp and money causing nothing but frustration due to not getting any form of partial exp for being near that zed/player . You don't even get a little cash to help you stay in the game .

Demolition is the same way. Wave 1 they usually net about 1000 currency while everyone else is sitting at between 400-700. Just due to not getting any partial exp for being near the player/zed makes the group want to stay away from that player so they HAVE A CHANCE to tag a zed with a pistol before that other player hordes all the money.

I could go on slew of reasoning why partial/ share exp is needed for early waves. Just by nature some classes will make more money and exp then others in the early game but I should not fall behind in exp to the point where the other classes levels 3 times before I can make it to a level up once.

Upvote 0
Honestly could you take a took at the exp gain for individual classes? Example being fire bug 1-15 starves for exp/money in the early waves until it hits lvl 20 for the extra reach perk. Also player annoyances is just on a personal. I have seen people leave when the support class welds the door and blows up after so much dmg is done to the door ... taking all the exp and money causing nothing but frustration due to not getting any form of partial exp for being near that zed/player . You don't even get a little cash to help you stay in the game .

Demolition is the same way. Wave 1 they usually net about 1000 currency while everyone else is sitting at between 400-700. Just due to not getting any partial exp for being near the player/zed makes the group want to stay away from that player so they HAVE A CHANCE to tag a zed with a pistol before that other player hordes all the money.

I could go on slew of reasoning why partial/ share exp is needed for early waves. Just by nature some classes will make more money and exp then others in the early game but I should not fall behind in exp to the point where the other classes levels 3 times before I can make it to a level up once.

Upvote 0
I would if I could, but I'm only a lowly modder.
You will have to get ahold of a Developer (whose names are in Orange) if you would like to discuss a change such as this.

If you would like to keep up to date on currently planned fixes and features you can check TW's Trello board.

On another note beware that double posting is against the forum rules.
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0