• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Mario 64 Remastered

KillMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2014
Saskatchewan, Canada
Thread Moved to Final Releases
/\ The big text is a link. /\Click on it.

vPWbmeR.jpg

Description:
This is a reimagining of the first level from Mario 64 on graphical steroids.

The map includes completely custom shaders for everything except the sky dome as TW's master materials don't translate well into a cartoony game like Mario.
For the textures inside Princes Peach's castle I am using the Mario 64 High-Rez texture pack by Admentus on the Dolphin forums, however the Normal & Specular maps were created by me.
vFvbApZ.png

faWfA2y.png

Spoiler!
viKomTW.png

Spoiler!
LsH4Z6u.png

Spoiler!
z7iyjlr.png

MV8QcXv.png

PcC0xHB.png

FFpD9vc.png

zdm8YkM.png

Known Problems:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Reactions: domingothegamer
I like the map , it look better than the KF-N64_Mario_water.

But it has problem .... the zed spawn very slow if some player standing each area.

And I check it with my SDK, I found.... many spawns will be seen easily around the map, if spawn are being seen, it won't spawn zed because logical setting.
(You see some zed appear in empty air isn't logical so spawn area despawn being seen)

And this map is open wide, so I check the range....it cover huge areas. Player easily cause them despawn.
0HXkxkz.jpg

I suggest, maybe turn on "Out of Sight" at some corner spawns, force them spawn being seen.
If you don't want zed spawn too near the player, you can increase the "Min distance to player" range.

Improve these spawns in orange square may increase zed volume and challenge.
1QLszTZ.jpg

DySQIZO.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm currently dedicating the majority of my time towards my port of KF1 Foundry, I haven't looked at the Mario 64 map since I released it.
Your concerns however have been duly noted and adjustments to the spawning and other small changes will be coming, just don't expect anything soon as my main priority is getting a playable version of Foundry out first.

Upvote 0