• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-A-Operations

Hemi

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2010
Pres_Operations.png

And here it is folks. The Beta of KF-A-Operations. The first in many Aliens themed maps for killing floor 2.

-=DOWNLOAD=-

Shout out to Skell for the lighting and Paths. Great job. (shame we had to disable some of the dynamic lights, but hey...can't win em all eh?). Also big thanks to HaTeMe for teaching me the first steps concerning ambient sound effects. (map has some and will have more in the future). [TW]BroodOvermind for his patience lol, you have been a great help on this little project. And of course Yoshiro. ;-) Thanks also to MGS Sniper and Gregs for testing and tips on how to get these MIC's working. I owe you guys.

It's not small in size, since it uses a large amount of new static meshes.

Now it's up to you guys. Join the BugHunt and report here for anything we have missed.

Since the biggest problem of the Aliens mod (AKF) was the lack of maps to play on, I have decided to create maps first...then maybe later...who knows right?​

Last edited:
the floors and walls are all in place. Details are next, but most of them are already done. All the meshes are modular so they fit with the KF2 stuff. (only a slight difference in some points, but that is nothing to write home about)

Map will be finished this week or the next, then tested on Whisky's server. :)

Upvote 0
It's not a huge map(since it's only operations and medlab), but there is room for expansion of course. All the assets will also be available to use, so people can expand the map as they please. :)

I added an extra door in Newt's sleeping quarters and made the corridor swing around that so you'll have a better flow concerning gameplay. Like this:

06.jpg

That is the only compromise I'm willing to make. It has to feel like the Operations scene from Aliens.

I will add some exterior stuff, like the Atmosphere Processor, of course. And there will be a lot of detail, referencing the movie etc. :)

I love Aliens, and KF2 gave me the chance to build upon dreams I had for a long time. Expect lot's more Alien stuff the next couple of months. :)

Upvote 0