• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design WWISE and custom State Groups?

Seanchaoz

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 29, 2016
Denmarkia
www.synchaoz.com
Hey peeps.

Been trying to figure out how to work with ambient audio transitions using KFReverbVolumes and ambient sounds. I can get it working with some AKEvent sounds - for example outdoor city ambient sounds being muted when moving inside a building, by using the "env_paris_location" Group State and "Outdoor" / "Inside" / "Underground" State Names on the various reverb volumes.

All of that works fine.

But the whole thing is very confusing, and some transitions don't work at all. I'm curious as to how we can make our own or edit existing ones for custom maps? When looking at the SDK wiki - https://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Setting_Up_Map_Audio_(Killing_Floor_2) - it describes and shows screenshots of WWISE Environment States used to control these elements, and yet I cannot for the life of me find that editor anywhere in the SDK.

So I did some google searching and found that WWISE is apparently a 3rd party program you have to install. I tried that, and yet I'm at a loss as to how the whole thing works. Is it really this complicated or is there a super secret hidden WWISE mixer in the SDK somewhere I just missed?

Unfortunately when it comes to modifying the audio in the game (especially adding custom audio) there is very little anyone can do to change up what's currently in place.
So until TW gets off their butts and decides to actually start seriously dedicating some time and effort towards the ever growing list of broken/missing features in the SDK all we can really do is just sit and wait.
(you can probably tell that this has been annoying me for quite some time)

Upvote 0
Hello, not long ago I played a map in a room that sounded very loud music that had nothing to do with the officers, I have to review the cache of my game to see if I find it with a bit of luck and I tell you, Perhaps seeing a fact can be understood as they do.

I at the beginning of everything also look at the music, but the same thing, I did not find wwise in the editor anywhere and with so much to learn in the forefront leave it for the moment.

regards

Upvote 0