• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-Crash - Any takers for a remake for KF2?

Gregs2k2

Thank you please
  • Mar 21, 2009
    UK
    www.ragequitters.co.uk
    As the title suggests, Kyben and Maul's awesome KF-S themed map was ported over to and refined for KF1. It won a place in the Grindhouse Mapping Contest, back in the day. The map was also added to the official game.

Old timers and KF vets alike will remember this puppy. I'm hoping some enterprising mapper(s)/modders may be up to the challenge of porting/recreating this for KF2.

Here's the map, as detailed on KF-wiki: http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Crash

;)

Maybe someday, if I ever get around to it. :p

In all seriousness though, my original plan was to "eventually" port all (or at least most) of the original KF1 maps. However after completing a few it's become painfully apparent that taking on a project of this magnitude would require me to put together a descent sized group of individuals who aren't just well versed with UE3, but with other applications like 3DS Max and Photoshop as well.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I just finished my 45/h week internship and am looking to get back into making maps as a passtime since I have loads of free time at uni 90% of the time. If anyone is seriously willing to commit to making a map I'm definitely up for helping out with it. Would be nice to learn more of modelling and brush up my PS skills too.

KF-Crash is a fairly simple map and I think it could be ported with around 15-20 dev days depending on how much custom content you'd like to add.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Ah, interest. That's awesome. My friends and I would be grateful for a reasonable port of Crash. However, i've heard that porting KF1 maps to KF2 can take just as long as creating from scratch. My knowledge of KF2 SDK is somewhat limited to slapping on some projectors, deleting and placing meshes (this is actually how the original KF-Crash for KF1 came to be, me just blindly gimping around and expanding certain areas, Kyben and Maul got involved for the mapping contest, the rest is history).

Upvote 0
    I'm quite late here,I hope it's okay to revive old topics like this.

I've been starting to work on a port attempt of kf_crash for quite some times.
    I'm trying to do it the same way KillMaster did his own kf1 ported maps:convert
    everything into static meshes,including BSP brushes.(I have a descent
    enough knowledge of 3ds max,althought sadly I'm new to the Unreal editor.)

I wish I could have get some more significant progress before I could show
    anything,but when I saw this topic I was afraid it would make others people
    starting working on it.

So I'm asking if anybody else is in the process of porting this map too,I'm
    aware being a UDK rookie will require me a lot of time,but I don't think
    there's any need for multiple people to work on the same thing.

1494116496-preview.jpg

(If you're curious about what you're seeing here I have so far all buildings collision boxes done,need to focus on scale adjustments,terrain,decals on buildings and anything else I'll realize I missed...)

Ho and hello tripwire community,first post here :x

Upvote 0