• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Jerry rig way of teleporting newly spawned players into the active trader.

LiquidArrow

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Think I just came up with a jerry rig way to teleport players to the active trader

going to try and implement this onto transient so new players can be teleported to the active trader

It works, I just have to do the setup.

1. One trader with the trader trigger set outside the map with dynamic pathnodes all attached to it
2. Setup other "dummy" traders without the trigger in map. Make player start points spawn into a trigger outside the map that will teleport them to one of the pathnodes.
3. Create a matinee that puts the trader with the trigger into the "dummy" trader spots instantly. You need a seperate matinee for each trader
4. Setup kismet to have the open trader event > random switch > matinee & hide the dummy Trader.
5. Wave open event will reverse the matinee and unhide the dummy trader This will make it so there is only one active trader that moves to random locations and gives the illusion of working like normal ingame. But this little system behind the scenes will allow large maps to not have newly spawned people be screwed by being to far away.

I will have the update for transient with this out either by tomorrow or it will be out next week, out for the holidays. I will also make a test map for those that want to see it in a simplified form if they want to add it onto their map.