• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design December WIP Thread - 2016

LiquidArrow

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
I thought a monthly WIP thread would be good for discussion. What is everyone working on?
  • KF-Cell is under a microscope for me as I fix found issues and try to polish up the gameplay before focusing on the visuals.
  • KF-Transient is getting reworked and will be released next month with a new layout.
  • Planning on making Xmas Snow versions of my maps

Last edited:
Reactions: Pt.Jones
Woot.
- Working on making a 'Confined' version of KF-Kholnee. Because the play-area wasn't small enough already, and intentionally designed to be a sort of challenge/hard map, if you like claustrophobic, foggy, overgrown nonsense.
- Having spent over three months or more on a single building, decided to try doing up a whole village based around a fallen church, also overgrown, spooky scary and catacombs. See you all next year.
-Gazing vacantly at cat videos.

Upvote 0
I'm currently working on two ports. One is KF1 Foundry, and the other is Halo 3 ODST's "Crater" firefight map (Night version).

Both are still being worked on in 3DS Max, but I'm aiming to have at least one in a somewhat playable state before Christmas. (although that's being optimistic) :p

domingothegamer;n2280268 said:
Also waiting for Custom Material support before I can release to BETA.

Custom material shaders work just fine, both my ports for Manor & West London use *Very* few of TW's master materials.

Here are a few examples:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
KillMaster;n2280476 said:
I'm currently working on two ports. One is KF1 Foundry, and the other is Halo 3 ODST's "Crater" firefight map (Night version).

Both are still being worked on in 3DS Max, but I'm aiming to have at least one in a somewhat playable state before Christmas. (although that's being optimistic) :p

Custom material shaders work just fine, both my ports for Manor & West London use *Very* few of TW's master materials.

Here are a few examples:
Spoiler!

Huh, I'll have to get with you on that. On my end I'm unable to get custom materials to work after cooking map. Especially on Landscape. I'll add you on Steam if you don't mind?

Upvote 0
I made another 1 day simple map some days ago and released it on the workshop: Click Here for Workshop

I am now working on KF-Transient, one of my old maps I made for grindhouse but never got to doing a rework on. The layout and roads will be changed and cave networks will be added to make shortcuts throughout the map. I might be adding moving platforms to get across the map faster via controllable stuff with triggers but I havent figured that out yet. Click Here to see screens of the old transient

Upvote 0
I released KF-Transient and am doing constant fixes/update to that map until I feel its stable and complete enough to run on its own. I just need to add a platform to call the vehicles now as well instead of having to be on them.

Did a small update to KF-Abyss to fix its lighting and performance issues.

Other than that I might make one of my maps be snow/christmas themed. I am also trying to play with the idea of connecting all of my levels together. After that I might be taking a hiatus from mapping before I make another full fledged new map release.

Upvote 0
- Completed the Confined version of KF-Kholnee (please see Kholnee new post and give it loves, validate meee. XD)
- Watched cat videos.
- Working on another Darkwood-inspired area, calling it 'Villagederp' until I have a proper KF-name. Basically old church and surrounding village, Polish-ish region in the woods. Old and overgrown structures with perhaps supernatural theme. Working on something akin to a 'modular forest' where I can more cleanly create a large-ish environment that is better optimised and sorted, or something. Internal cat-logic at work here.

Upvote 0