• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Landscape MIC resets to default material since release

RockMax;n2285156 said:
I know how to split the terrain but wouldn´t it have only one texture? Or how do you paint it in 3ds?
Unfortunately there is no way to preserve textures and such. You have to manually recreate the visual appearance texture/mat wise.

You can go 2 ways. You can use 3ds Max with the Vertex Painting tool. OR you can use the UE3 Mesh painting tool that also does work on multiple objects at once. The easiest would probably be UE3's. :)

Upvote 0
domingothegamer;n2285451 said:
Unfortunately there is no way to preserve textures and such. You have to manually recreate the visual appearance texture/mat wise.

You can go 2 ways. You can use 3ds Max with the Vertex Painting tool. OR you can use the UE3 Mesh painting tool that also does work on multiple objects at once. The easiest would probably be UE3's. :)

Can you change some other things? I have big problems with zeds not going through doors, sometimes even choke points don't work so I have to resize full building because of it. Example is on my Stalker Agroprom 2017 remake map also Patriarch has a wierd bug with his minigun when he's near a blocking volume, his gun gets stretched out. On some parts of the map when you throw dosh or guns on the ground they will re appear on some other place. Then my final request, please, fix sirens and bloats, they are getting stuck almost on everything and spawns three miles away I have spawn volumes set to default,.

Upvote 0
RockMax;n2285847 said:
Can you change some other things? I have big problems with zeds not going through doors, sometimes even choke points don't work so I have to resize full building because of it. Example is on my Stalker Agroprom 2017 remake map also Patriarch has a wierd bug with his minigun when he's near a blocking volume, his gun gets stretched out. On some parts of the map when you throw dosh or guns on the ground they will re appear on some other place. Then my final request, please, fix sirens and bloats, they are getting stuck almost on everything and spawns three miles away I have spawn volumes set to default,.

I think it's more of an underlying issue coming down to how the path-nodes work because I and a few others I know have these issues as well. We can only work around them. It's just one of the many things I come across with issues that need to be addressed eventually!

Upvote 0
mikkou;n2292109 said:
I encountered this problem as well, my landscape material dissapeared in game and im not using any custom ones either. So I guess still no solution?

[video=youtube;wYb1f5wHp-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYb1f5wHp-E[/video] I use this way, audio off, trance is playing in background. I just made quick tutorial

Upvote 0
RockMax;n2292114 said:
[video=youtube;wYb1f5wHp-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYb1f5wHp-E[/video] I use this way, audio off, trance is playing in background. I just made quick tutorial

Yeah but thats just showing how to create landscape? I already have a landscape but the material just goes blank in game while working perfectly in the editor.

EDIT: Altho I noticed theres no layers showing in the landscape window, gotta do some testing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright, even after creating a whole new landscape from scratch using the landscape material from Black Forest, adding the correct amount of layers on the map, its still showing the default checkers material in game...

EDIT: Okey I tried what was suggested before and added 4 layers, painting them all in my map and it started working (for now at least). I just used one of them previously, apparently thats a no-no. Still doesnt work on my original map though, meaning it looks like I have to rebuild the landscape.

Last edited:
Upvote 0