• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Maps uploaded to the workshop are not being put into the "Map Category"

LiquidArrow

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Maps uploaded to the workshop are not being put into the "Map Category"

Example Comparison Screenshots:
Maps showing without the map filter: http://i.imgur.com/ms6tAzh.jpg
Maps missing with the map filter: http://i.imgur.com/Et9dKG6.jpg

FIX HERE:
This worked everyone. If you follow the steps shown below it should work for you and apply the map tag correctly:

Make the following txt file in the path C:\Users\ExampleUser\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\example.txt
  • NOTE: " " symbols are needed and make sure the paths point to your image and map!
$Description "example description for map"
$Title "example title"
$PreviewFile "C:\Users\ExampleUser\Pictures\Exampleimagenam e.jp g"
$Tags "Maps"
$MicroTxItem "false"
$PackageDirectory "C:\Users\ExampleUser\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KF-ExampleMapName.kfm"

Then run the following command in cmd to upload:
  • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binarie s\WorkshopUserTool.exe" "example.txt"

Last edited:
Reactions: Pt.Jones
Hi, I what I do to upload the maps is as esplican in a post in this forum with cmd, not the tool sdk, now is not that post is, after reading so many non essary tell you what it is, but I keep the instructions in a txt, I put below, I repeat that is not mine is the forum to explain someone other way up the maps to have as many problems with him tool workshop.

The command line tool worked for me. What I did,
- Moved My R: \ preview.png to C: \ Users \ Dmitriy \ Pictures \ preview.png
- Created C: \ Users \ Dmitriy \ Documents \ my games \ KillingFloor2 \ icearena.txt With contents

$ Description "Simple sand map"
$ Title "KF-IceArena"
$ PreviewFile "C: \ Users \ Dmitriy \ Pictures \ preview.png"
$ Tags "Maps"
$ MicroTxItem "false"
$ PackageDirectory "C: \ Users \ Dmitriy \ Documents \ my games \ KillingFloor2 \ IceArena"

- Created folder C: \ Users \ Dmitriy \ Documents \ my games \ KillingFloor2 \ IceArena
- Copied my map cooked into this folder, KF-IceArena.kfm
- Run cmd.exe and execute WorkshopUserTool.exe icearena.txt

If it works, we can put in steam where is the map for siva those who have your same problem

regards

Upvote 0
This worked everyone. If you follow the steps shown below it should work for you and apply the map tag correctly:

Make the following txt file in the path C:\Users\ExampleUser\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\example.txt
  • NOTE: " " symbols are needed and make sure the paths point to your image and map!
$Title "example title"
$Tags "Maps"
$MicroTxItem "false"
$PackageDirectory "C:\Users\ExampleUser\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KF-ExampleMapName.kfm"

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\WorkshopUserTool.exe" "example.txt"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LiquidArrow;n2275553 said:

$Title "example title"
$Tags "Maps"
$MicroTxItem "false"

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\WorkshopUserTool.exe" "example.txt"

Do you have to move the cook map into the directory C:\Users\ExampleUser\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\? Or do you leave the map in the published folder?

Upvote 0