• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Important Info for Mapping

Just a question are we able to use your current modded version of UE3 for mapping? 'Im pretty new to map designing especially the programs is it all the same or does your modded version contain more content?'
I would use their modified UE3. They have KF specific assets, and also the TWIndoor/TWOutdoor lighting volumes. Many of the controls should feel similar though.

Should we still wait on mapping?
Check the dates. This thread was made well before KF2 was released. Feel free to start now with the KF2 SDK :D

When you say working with grids do you mean like this? Or am I doing it completely wrong? I have the feeling I am.
edit: Nooooo I've been using brushes instead of static meshes there goes all my hardwork.
There's nothing REALLY wrong with it... I mean, it's still playable. It's just mentioned by experienced mappers to use bsp sparingly. If your grid size is similar, I feel like you can replace them with the TWI modular set.

Upvote 0
The Editor.ini was before the release of the KF2 SDK. Use that program found in the steam Library>Tools. Use the modular static set and you don't have to worry about character dimensions.

In the SDK's Content Browser:

KFGame > BrewedPC > Packages > Environment > ENV_Modular_StaticSet > Env_Modular_StaticSet_MESH

Right-click > Fully Load

TWI also has a tutorial on their wiki.

Last edited:
Upvote 0