• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [GameType] Hard mode survival

[SM said:
TOPSGT;n2275447]I'm hoping for an answer from Marco but please if anyone knows definitely please by all means respond. My question is about the "Difficulty Modifier". The instruction about is this:"DifficultyModifier=4000.000000 = A calculation value to compute wave difficulty based on player count/player levels/wave number".

The example is "4000". is a number higher = harder and a number a lower = easier diff level?

Is lower easier and higher harder. It is very hard to tell. What is the recommended number here. Please if anyone knows as a certainly please bring forth the wisdom. Also besides the up n down question does any one know about the relativity of one number to another an example is how does 2000 compare to 4000 or 4000 to 6000? or 10 or 20 or 10000?

Higher the number the easier things are, the lower they are the more difficult the waves

Upvote 0
TDN;n2276914 said:
The game is running ok, but when boss wave comes it just crashes the server

Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm having the same problem.
I'm running gametype Hard Mode Boss with the mutator RPG, all 10 waves work normal, but when the final wave Boss the server drops.
Follows a print that I could catch the error in cmd console server. http://imgur.com/a/uTFWC
Funny thing is that I had to set up the Boss in Wave 10 and runs normal. It's only in the final boss wave that the error happens.

Sorry for the bad english.

Upvote 0
BoJack;n2276949 said:
I'm running gametype Hard Mode Boss with the mutator RPG, all 10 waves work normal, but when the final wave Boss the server drops.
Follows a print that I could catch the error in cmd console server. http://imgur.com/a/uTFWC
Funny thing is that I had to set up the Boss in Wave 10 and runs normal. It's only in the final boss wave that the error happens.

Anyone have a solution?

Upvote 0
BoJack;n2276949 said:

Me too got this error.
Anyone can help/have a solution?

Upvote 0
I'll edit this post later today with a way to fix it.

Edit: My fix for this originally was to go into the folder HardModeBossS in the src and open the file HBServer.uc

- Search for the following:
final function SetupBossWave()

Now comment out the following (put a // in front of both the lines):
if( Game.NumPlayers<=LoadedBosses.MaxPL )
break;

That should fix your problem with the Boss round as long as your calling the bosses the right way in the ini file.

I currently do not use this fix because for some reason on my server it works without it, but I used too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Freebase;n2280935 said:
I'll edit this post later today with a way to fix it.

Edit: My fix for this originally was to go into the folder HardModeBossS in the src and open the file HBServer.uc

- Search for the following:
final function SetupBossWave()

Now comment out the following (put a // in front of both the lines):
if( Game.NumPlayers<=LoadedBosses.MaxPL )
break;

That should fix your problem with the Boss round as long as your calling the bosses the right way in the ini file.

I currently do not use this fix because for some reason on my server it works without it, but I used too.

Edit: Thanks Freebase, I'll try this method

Edit2: Freebase, could you upload the files? When I try to compile the file, I get this error here: Error, Unrecognized type 'Grim_Reaper'

Last edited:
Upvote 0
nxt_v1;n2281069 said:
Edit: Thanks Freebase, I'll try this method

Edit2: Freebase, could you upload the files? When I try to compile the file, I get this error here: Error, Unrecognized type 'Grim_Reaper'

Yes you have to compile it with Slot Machines Mutator. You don't have to use the compiled one (Slot Machines Mutator, if you do the images don't show up) but just compile HardModeSurv with it and your error should be gone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Freebase;n2281094 said:
Yes you have to compile it with Slot Machines Mutator. You don't have to use the compiled one (Slot Machines Mutator, if you do the images don't show up) but just compile HardModeSurv with it and your error should be gone.

It's not my day
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Develop ment\Src\HardModeBossS\Classes\HBServer.uc(1119) : Error, Unrecognized member 'Waves' in class 'KFAISpawnManager'
I'm really up to making this GameType works, but unfortunately I'm getting other errors.

Edit: Line 1119 = Game.SpawnManager.Waves[Game.WaveNum] = FinalWaveInfo;

Last edited:
Upvote 0