• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [GameType] Hard mode survival

nxt_v1;n2281124 said:
It's not my day
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Develop ment\Src\HardModeBossS\Classes\HBServer.uc(1119) : Error, Unrecognized member 'Waves' in class 'KFAISpawnManager'
I'm really up to making this GameType works, but unfortunately I'm getting other errors.

Edit: Line 1119 = Game.SpawnManager.Waves[Game.WaveNum] = FinalWaveInfo;

Alright. Well first things first does the code that you commented out look like this? Edit: SRC to download to apply fix
Code:
final function SetupBossWave()
{
    local int i;

// Pick which level of boss difficulty.
    if( LoadedBosses.Length>1 )
    {
        for( i=0; i<(LoadedBosses.Length-1); ++i )
        {
[COLOR=#EE82EE][SIZE=10px][I]//if( Game.NumPlayers<=LoadedBosses.MaxPL )
 //break;[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]
        }
    }

Game.SpawnManager.WaveSettings.Waves[Game.WaveNum] = FinalWaveInfo; [COLOR=#ADD8E6]<- This is the line of code that is giving you an error, it shouldn't.[/COLOR]
    Game.SpawnManager.SetupNextWave(Game.WaveNum);
    BossSpawnIndex = i;
    GRI.AIRemaining = LoadedBosses[i].Boss.Length;
    GRI.WaveTotalAICount = GRI.AIRemaining;
    Game.SpawnManager.LeftoverSpawnSquad.Length = 0;
    Game.SpawnManager.WaveTotalAI = GRI.AIRemaining;
    Game.SpawnManager.WaveStartTime = WorldInfo.TimeSeconds;
    Game.SpawnManager.TimeUntilNextSpawn = 8.f;
    SetTimer(5,false,'SpawnBoss');
}

My next question is how your compiling your files. Did you read what Marco said about how to compile HardModeBoss? He basically says to do this in your KFEditor.ini (ServerExt 1st (Do you have a working ServerExt that's updated?), SlotMachines 2nd (You don't have to use the compiled version of this you need it to fix the Grim Reaper error. But you still need it in game so just download the already compiled version from forrestmark9 here and after compiling and you have everything working just replace the files in your server/redirect with those.), and HardModeBoss 3rd:

[ModPackages]
ModPackagesInPath=..\..\KFGame\Src
ModOutputDir=..\..\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC\Scr ipt
;ModPackages=KF1Weapons
;ModPackages=ZEDSxx
;ModPackages=KF2BotsC
;ModPackages=KF2Bots
ModPackages=ServerExt
ModPackages=ServerExtMut
ModPackages=SlotMachines
ModPackages=SlotMachinesMut
ModPackages=HardModeBoss
ModPackages=HardModeBossS

I went and compiled it just like this and it works for me. If you continue to have problems with this still then just let me know a way to get in contact with you and I'll see if I can help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Freebase;n2281129 said:
Alright. Well first things first does your the code that you commented out look like this?
Code:
{
local int i;

// Pick which level of boss difficulty.
if( LoadedBosses.Length>1 )
{
for( i=0; i<(LoadedBosses.Length-1); ++i )
{
[COLOR=#EE82EE][SIZE=10px][I]//if( Game.NumPlayers<=LoadedBosses.MaxPL )
//break;[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]
}
}

Game.SpawnManager.WaveSettings.Waves[Game.WaveNum] = FinalWaveInfo; [COLOR=#ADD8E6]<- This is the line of code that is giving you an error, it shouldn't.[/COLOR]
Game.SpawnManager.SetupNextWave(Game.WaveNum);
BossSpawnIndex = i;
GRI.AIRemaining = LoadedBosses[i].Boss.Length;
GRI.WaveTotalAICount = GRI.AIRemaining;
Game.SpawnManager.LeftoverSpawnSquad.Length = 0;
Game.SpawnManager.WaveTotalAI = GRI.AIRemaining;
Game.SpawnManager.WaveStartTime = WorldInfo.TimeSeconds;
Game.SpawnManager.TimeUntilNextSpawn = 8.f;
SetTimer(5,false,'SpawnBoss');
}

My next question is how your compiling your files. Did you read what Marco said about how to compile HardModeBoss? He basically says to do this in your KFEditor.ini (ServerExt 1st (Do you have a working ServerExt that's updated?), SlotMachines 2nd (You don't have to use the compiled version of this you need it to fix the Grim Reaper error. But you still need it in game so just download the already compiled version from forrestmark9 here), and HardModeBoss 3rd:

[ModPackages]
ModPackagesInPath=..\..\KFGame\Src
ModOutputDir=..\..\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC\Scr ipt
;ModPackages=KF1Weapons
;ModPackages=ZEDSxx
;ModPackages=KF2BotsC
;ModPackages=KF2Bots
ModPackages=ServerExt
ModPackages=ServerExtMut
ModPackages=SlotMachines
ModPackages=SlotMachinesMut
ModPackages=HardModeBoss
ModPackages=HardModeBossS

I went and compiled it just like this and it works for me. If you still have problems with this after just tell me a way to contact you and I'll help.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Man, The problem was that in my file don't had "Game.SpawnManager.WaveSettings.Waves[Game.WaveNum] = FinalWaveInfo;". Only had "Game.SpawnManager.Waves[Game.WaveNum] = FinalWaveInfo;" Now, I get compile the file without errors. I'll try later the files compiled.
Thanks for your support.

Upvote 0
Freebase;n2280935 said:
I'll edit this post later today with a way to fix it.

Edit: My fix for this originally was to go into the folder HardModeBossS in the src and open the file HBServer.uc

- Search for the following:

Now comment out the following (put a // in front of both the lines):
if( Game.NumPlayers<=LoadedBosses.MaxPL )
break;

That should fix your problem with the Boss round as long as your calling the bosses the right way in the ini file.

I currently do not use this fix because for some reason on my server it works without it, but I used too.

Thanks for your support, Freebase.
It's works now the wave boss.
Again, thank you very much.

Upvote 0
I very rarely signup for any forums, but this Mutator, along with ServerExt, have definitely grown on me, and I'm currently stuck.

've decided to give my own server a shot, but so far I'm having issues installing this mod. I've unpacked all of the files in my BrewedPC folder and moved the .ini to my Config folder, added 'HardModeBoss.HardSurv' in my WebAdmin Mutators list along with my ServExt Mutator, but the game is unable to recognize this mod. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I assume I'm missing a couple steps somewhere.

Upvote 0
To start the mod, run the server with batch line: ?Game=HardModeBoss.HardSurv (instead of Game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_Survival)

Very first page of installation instructions.

*Also the mutator is called HardModeBossS.HBMutator not HardModeBoss.HardSurv. - HardModeBoss.HardSurv just extends KFGameInfo_Survival. Which must also be set in KFMapvote.ini for ServerExt Mod.

Hope this helps ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I woke up this morning and realized the file launching the server IS the batch and felt like a complete idiot.

Now it appears to be launching with the correct mutators, but when i login to a game I'm sitting at round 0/7 in spectator mode, unable to begin. Going through the server logs it seems it can't find 'Class HardModeBossS.HBServer' which is just the UC file sitting in my BrewedPC folder. The HardModeBoss.ini is the only file from the download sitting in my Config folder, and I've coped all of the other directly into my BrewedPC folder.

Upvote 0
Does anybody have/know a guide that could address how to compile your own music upk? Noob friendly preferably.

Open KF2SDK -In content browser Click Import at the bottom- Choose your .wav file- tick create Sound Cue, also Loop. Name the package. Save the Package. (Add as many .wav as you want but keep in mind file size grows exponentially and must be downloaded by client) *Also brew the finished package.upk to compress file size. Place the package.upk in (...Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC) Then use cmnd line and change to directory where kfeditor.exe is located. In command line window use: kfeditor brewcontent -platform=PC (Brewed package will end up in (...Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC).

Enjoy.

Upvote 0
oldschool;n2284162 said:
Open KF2SDK -In content browser Click Import at the bottom- Choose your .wav file- tick create Sound Cue, also Loop. Name the package. Save the Package. (Add as many .wav as you want but keep in mind file size grows exponentially and must be downloaded by client) *Also brew the finished package.upk to compress file size. Place the package.upk in (...Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC) Then use cmnd line and change to directory where kfeditor.exe is located. In command line window use: kfeditor brewcontent -platform=PC (Brewed package will end up in (...Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC).

Enjoy.

Thank you but how do you know what to name this in the config? I tried naming it according to what I "named" my soundcue i.e. "JTraderMusic.Cue.Lupin_Cue" but no luck. Perhaps I forgot to click on something when importing?

Log says it's an issue with "invalid linker index".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Take a look at the way Marco set up his original linker in config for random music:

Spoiler!

This utilizes 2 different wave.upk sets. ClassicKFMusic and HLM2Tracks_X. Both will be downloaded by client. Yellow is package name. Green is SoundCue name.

Follow the same format :p

Upvote 0
v1050 new compile error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0014.96] Warning/Error Summary
[0014.96] ---------------------
[0014.96] C:\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Developmen t\Src\HardModeBossS\Classes\HBServer.uc(1133) : Error, Call to 'SpawnSquad', parameter 1: Not allowed to pass a dynamic array element as the value for an out parameter
[0014.96]
[0014.96] Failure - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1133) Game.NumAISpawnsQueued = Game.SpawnManager.SpawnSquad(LoadedBosses[BossSpawnIndex].Boss);

Last edited:
Upvote 0