• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Sound] No Trader Nags

Slappy Cromwell

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
If you've played KF2, you may have noticed that the Trader nags you. A lot.

Hence, this sound mod disables the Trader's voice entirely. This sound modification is fully client-side and works on-line! Just install the file and you're done! You're free to play in your favorite servers, even perks enabled, using this sound mod without need worrying of whitelists or graylists or package mismatch errors or anything! How great is that!

Updated 4/10/16:
Full "STFU" version! Silences the Trader completely:
Download KF2STFUTrader_16_4_10.rar (5.13 KB)

"No Trader Nags" version only disables between-round reminders:
Download KF2NoTraderNags_16_4_12.rar (5.13 KB)

Installation instructions are included in the readme.

Last edited:
Also, this sound modification is fully client-side and works on-line! Just install the file and you're done! You're free to play in your favorite servers, even perks enabled, using this sound mod without need worrying of whitelists or graylists or package mismatch errors or anything! How great is that!

Nice idea but being client-side is certainly not the reason why. I don't get why you see this as a "feature" when it's lacking everything that makes it a mod, it's merely stripping out stuff from client files.

I'd rather have a real non-whitelisted mod imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd say a good number of players don't want to lose the ability to level their perks nor the ability to play in any server of their choice just to accommodate a cosmetic-only modification that has no impact on gameplay whatsoever that they would prefer to play with. In fact, I would even go as far to say a majority of players feel this way and that this is far from an unreasonable stance to take.

Upvote 0
Due to popular demand, I have created a variation of this mod. As I'm sure you all may have noticed since the Incinerate and Detonate update, the Trader's lines now mutes everything when she chimes in, annihilating all other audio every time she unleashes her crushing voice.

Hence, the STFU Trader mod silences the Trader entirely during gameplay. No longer must you suffer her intrusions of "warm ups" or "vites" and the like!

The download link to this new version may be found in the original post and below:

Full "STFU" version! Silences trader completely:
See latest download link in original post above

As per usual, this sound modification is fully client-side and works on-line! Just install the file and you're done! Installation instructions are included in the readme.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey can you make one more version where trader has just only one single emote/warning when you have killed almost all zeds ? i dont want to hear her crap but completly sillent version is not as usefull - need one where she can warn about almost all zeds being killed and that's about it (cant react to zed counter 100% of the time)

Upvote 0
Love your two sound mods, Slappy! I have a question, though.

Been using these for quite some time now, at least a month. Only mods I have installed. I noticed that I was failing to go from the post-game screen to the lobby of the next game, I'd be in a permanent loading screen after hearing what sounded like a dialogue box pop up. Didn't actually get to see anything other than a permanent loading screen. I'd have to restart the game and rejoin the server.

Whelp I finally got around to a fresh install to fix the issue, hopefully, and it did! Could stay on the same server no problem between matches! I plopped the mods back in and went to play...only to get the same problem again.

Does anyone else using this get this behavior? I've since put KF2 on three different HDD/SSDs to see if that helped. When it happens I verify game cache, it removes the three altered files, and then I don't have the problem anymore.

Thing is this wasn't happening when I first downloaded your mod. My running theory is that they put in some post-match file verification or something? I don't know.

Really torn, too. I find the game vastly more enjoyable with zero interruption to the music via your mods, but not being able to easily stay with the group between matches is a huge pain in the ***.

Regardless, great stuff man.

Upvote 0
Are you certain you're running the latest versions of these mods? Certain KF2 updates also require an update for these client-side mods. There was a small update after the big Incinerate and Detonate patch that warranted a new version of this Trader mod. There's no particularly obvious way to know when a mod becomes obsoleted by a patch, but I always keep my mods up to date with the latest download links available in the original posts. Be sure you've downloaded and are using the most current releases.

Also, to be clear, which sound mods do you have installed? You mentioned three files being affected by the game cache verification, so I would guess that accounts for this Trader mod and the No Scrake and FP Roars, but I wish to be sure that's what you're referring to. If the problem persists, only installing one at a time would help me narrow down the cause.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you certain you're running the latest versions of these mods? Certain KF2 updates also require an update for these client-side mods. There was a small update after the big Incinerate and Detonate patch that warranted a new version of this Trader mod. There's no particularly obvious way to know when a mod becomes obsoleted by a patch, but I always keep my mods up to date with the latest download links available in the original posts. Be sure you've downloaded and are using the most current releases.

Also, to be clear, which sound mods do you have installed? You mentioned three files being affected by the game cache verification, so I would guess that accounts for this Trader mod and the No Scrake and FP Roars, but I wish to be sure that's what you're referring to. If the problem persists, only installing one at a time would help me narrow down the cause.

The ones from september are the most recent, yes? I am using those. You are also correct in that I am the three files you listed. I was honestly surprised the steam file verification even replaced them. Thought they wouldn't be flagged!

Edit: I did another reinstall of KF2 and just downloaded the files again, and now everything is peachy keen. I'll just chalk it up to me being an idiot and not cleaning out my downloads folder often enough, popped an old one in there I assume. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks again for these freakin mods! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just wanted to say a massive thank you Slappy Cromwell!

Have started to get into the game lately after buying it at EA launch, and taking a break for updates.
Now I am spending some time with the game, that damn trader was top of my s**tlist, with the FP and Scrake roars a close second.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for updating the mods.

Upvote 0