• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question for modmakers/devs/someone with own server

Dyro_B

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 21, 2017
Hi!

I've set some simple, basic rules on my server. Of course, no one reads those basic rules. I'm kinda done with asking 3 times (90% of the time no response back) and be forced to kick them for not following the rules I've set, or be forced to accept they ignore my rules for the sake of having players on the server.

I use my server for survival and for versus survival. When the server is set to versus survival, I want to disable the following perks untill bosswave; bezerker, demo, firebug. And I want the option that only 1 player can pick up to be med. I've come to this decision because those perks are too strong for all waves but bosswave, experienced players with 1 of those perks have it kinda easy on versus survival untill bosswave. This removes the fun of the mode completly, and since no love from TWI for their own gamemode, I'm feelin' kinda forced to do somethin' about it to bring back more fun to this unbalanced mode.

I also want to disable manual teamswitching as soon as the game has started, since too many players keep switching to zed-team as soon as there is spot, or switching to humans because ''they are skilled''. Thus makin' teams more unbalanced than needed. I do however want to keep the autobalance enabled the entire map, to keep the teams equal in numbers.

So in short my questions; Is it possible to disable perks untill bosswave? To set a max to 1 medic in the team? And to disable manual teamswitching after the game has started?

Thanks!

PS: Again, I've set only these basic rules to bring back more fun into the gamemode for all (humans and zeds). You can still play survivalist perk and go bezerk style, demo style, fb style or even medic style. The original perks at level 25 are just too much for versus survival (untill bosswave) as it is now.

PPS: You agree with my rules, and like to play versus survival in a more fun way? Feel free to add me so you can join me and my friends, or when you're online I can send out invites to you to join us. Included me, we are with a total of 5 who agrees with these rules, so in that way, just 7 more to go! :p

As far as I'm aware that is not possible in vanilla KF2, but a mod could definitely be made to do that.

Those rules sound pretty reasonable given how unbalanced some perks are for VS Survival. I'd be interested in playing on your server, but I'm in Australia, so unless your server is in or very close to Australia, I would have terrible ping and wouldn't bother.

Upvote 0